- Vaseline Aloe Fresh Daily Body Lotion - a travel size of this nice lotion. Nothing terribly exciting abou this, just a good reliable product at a good price point.
- Avene Soothing Moisture Mask & Avene Hydrance Optimale Rich Hydrating Cream - Avene really dominates sample boxes - anyone who gets these boxes (of any brand) will get a steady stream of Avene samples. They're great products and you're certainly getting your money's worth on the boxes when you get these because it's a high-end brand.
- Model Co Fat Lash Volumising Mascara - this has a really unusually shaped brush, so it will be interesting to check it out. This is a full size sample worth $20.
- Scandalous Rock Chick Wave Spray - I've been getting into tousled hairstyles at the moment so this was a timely arrival for me. A full size sample worth $17.95
- Also included was a nail file.
Sunday, February 2, 2014
Saturday, February 1, 2014
Friday, January 31, 2014
- So Susan Water-based Pure Luminiser - Full size sample worth $49. This is a totally new brand for me, and it looks like a really lovely illuminator. It's got a great goldish tone and I'll definitely be using this very soon.
- So Susan Nail Laquer - Hot Pink, so this is going straight to the pink-loving daughter, it looks to be a good formulation. I had never heard of this "So Susan" brand before but based on these two samples they really look like they're worth investigating.
- LUSH Gorgeous Facial Moisturiser - a cute sample size of the "gorgeous" moisturiser. It's a freat product and one I have used before, I'm a big fan.
- MOR essentials Collection Hand Cream - I love MOR products, I'm sad these are tiny sachets, but happy to get them nonetheless.
- Villainess Soaps - Dulces En Fuego - I wouldn't normally get excited by a small soap sample but the scents of this are amazing - black pepper and cinnamon aren't notes you normally find in a scented soap - I am loving this, and the branding and packaging are just lovely. Going to get my hands on more of this stuff as soon as I can.
- Acorelle Eau D Parfum - nice perfume sample - always fun to try some new scents.
Thursday, January 30, 2014
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
The Lust Have It Fashion and Beauty Box is always an interesting arrival - the January box has just hit my doorstep.
- Lime Crime Velvetines Pink Velvet Lip Stain - full size sample worth $24. I am so excited to try one of these, I keep hearing about how amazing they are. Sadly hot pink isn't a colour I'm likely to wear any time soon, but my teenage daughter was delighted to get her hands on this.
- Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB Cream - full size sample worth $15.95. The medium tone is too dark for me but I can tell this is a great product, I'm going to experiment with using this for contouring.
- SunSense Sport Cream SPF 30+. Full size sample worth $23.95. Not a massively exciting addition to the box but a pratical product that will definitely get used - in fact it's currently at the park with my partner and my daughter and stepdaughter - sunscreen is much needed in our house, so to not have to buy it at full price is great.
- Le Tan In Le Can - full size sample worth $6.99. I don't use fake tan but will be happy to pass it on to friends who do.
- Gold Love Bracelet - this is super cute, unfortunately it broke almost as soon as it got out of the box. It's nothing a bit of work with a pair of pliers can't fix, I look forward to wearing this soon.
- Candy Coloured Chandelier Earrings - I don't have pierced ears, but I have a friend who I instantly thought of when I saw these - they are so her style so I'll be able to surprise her with a lovely little gift with these.
- Delicate Stacking Rings - these are really nice looking. Not the sort of thing I would ever have thought to buy myself, but I really like them.
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
I'm loving the lines of this coat.. even though we're still in summer here my mind is already turning to the cooler months, I think this one is a winner! It's from Light in the Box and you can see all the details here.
Monday, January 27, 2014
Saturday, January 25, 2014
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Monday, January 6, 2014
Sunday, January 5, 2014
An oldie but a goodie today - "Angels on Bare Skin" is one of Lush's most popular products, and its easy to see why - it is a great smelling, easy to use gentle cleanser that is great for irritable skin. When I feel like I might have been overdoing it a bit with more complicated products, this is one I can turn to knowing it will get the job done without making things worse.
It has ground almonds, lavender, rose, chamomile and is reputedly based on a medieval recipe - that makes the history nut in me very happy.
This batch is especially good because I helped make it! At a blogger event Lush was kind enough to invite me to, one of the activities was making products from fresh ingredients - this was one of them. It was great to see it all come together.
If you're looking for a gentle cleanser with no nasties in it this one is well worth a look.