I also get asked "How do you do it?" a lot. Many people are drawn to a "retro" or "vintage" look, but they want to avoid looking costume-y or ridiculous. The idea is to look timeless, classic and elegant, not pretentious or foolish.
So.. what are the secrets? Over the next five days I will share what I think the key elements are. Try one or two for a little retro glam, or all five at once for the full power of a blast-from-the-past!
So, here they are... the five easy ways to inject some vintage, retro glam into your wardrobe, without looking like you're headed to a costume party!
- If you are going for a timeless look, a dress is the way to go. Whether maxi or mini, whatever the occasion, whatever the weather, a dress is almost always the right choice. On the blog here: The Big Secret about Dresses - Why every woman needs dresses in their wardrobe, even if they hate "dressing up", and how to choose the right ones for you!
- Whether a subtle swoop with a pencil eyeliner, or full on wings with liquid eyeliner, the cats-eye adds glamour to any ensemble. It's also very easy to do, once you know how! On the blog here: Va-Va-Voom eyeliner: The cats-eye, and the easy way to get it right - every time.
- Nothing says classic glamour like a red lip. Even the most mundane outfits can be elevated with a splash of colour on your lips. On the blog here: Scared of the red lippy? There's no need to be, and here's why.
- Sweeping your hair up off your neck instantly transforms your look from ordinary to something a little more special. On the blog here: Non Mumsy Updos
- The devil is in the details, they say, and the accessories in your outfit really set the tone. By adding suitable accessories you can make any outfit "pop" and add some glam. On the blog here: Accessories - how to make them work, without breaking the bank!
I hope you found these tips useful. Let me know what you think! What are your secrets for glamour? Share in the comments!