Adding Vintage Glamour Part 3: The Scarlet Pout - How to get red lipstick right

As I've mentioned before, a red lip is one of the staples of my look, and it is another one of those simple things that can really give your look a touch of glamour. I hear so often that people struggle with even trying a strong red lip with their looks, let alone making it a regular part of their go-to looks.
It's true that red can be tricky - you need to pick the right tone for you (I've given some tips about that in this post), but once you've got that sorted, the hardest part is over. All you need to do then apply it properly and you're good to go.


Here's a video tutorial I made on how to do it: 


As I say in the video, for a perfect scarlet pout, take the time to use a liner and don't try to draw yourself a new lip shape - just work with what you've got. Apply your favourite red, blot, reapply, and you're good to go.

How about you? Do you love your red lip, or are you too chicken? 

This post is part 3 of my five-part series about "Ways to inject vintage glamour into your everyday wardrobe.. without looking like you're headed to a costume party." 


Part Two is "Try a Cat's Eye"


1 comment

  1. You are a stunner! Thank you for sharing you tips and your fav cheap but lasting lippie,

    ReplyDelete