Illamasqua Haul and Makeup

So.. when I know there are a few things in one range that I simply must have.. I like to make the most of the purchase. What I usually do is wait till I am headed out somewhere fun, and then I go and get my face done. Most of the makeup counters in David Jones and Myers will do a "face" for you, and charge a fee that is totally redeemable in product. If it's things you really want to buy anyway, it's basically like getting a makeover and a makeup lesson for free! As an added bonus, there's the large number of products you get to sample the best way possible - professionally applied, you get to see really clearly what's going to work for you and what won't.  If you have the time to do this, it's really worth it!

I love seeing how different makeup artists apply products and seeing what they come up with. I have learned a lot of great techniques and tips this way.. and got some gorgeous products too!

Illamasqua is one of my favourite makeup brands. Their whole branding message, and their products and their packaging, well.. if a line had been designed with my aesthetic preferences in mind, I think this would be it! I feel like I'm in my own personal beauty heaven whenever I'm at one of their counters.

So - with a wild party planned for the evening there was really only one place to go! Off I went to the Illamasqua counter in Myer.  My makeup artist was "Giselle" and she was fantastic! I told her I wanted a dramatic look for a party, that I wanted to look really over the top, like a dominatrix, and I told her to "GO FOR IT!"


Well, she certainly did! I ended up with a really dramatic look.. it was red and black and glittery.. I looked glowing and colourful in a really fun way!

She used a whole swathe of products to get this amazing effect.. I wish I could have afforded to buy all of them, but I had to show a little restraint..

What I ended up taking home was this:

  • Lipstick in "Box" - an amazing red in a lovely matte finish
  • Illuminator in "Odyssey" - this can be used as a highlighter AND as an eyeshadow primer, it's got an amazing sparkly glow to it.. it makes you look dewy and glowing in a lovely pale porcelain way..
  • Pure Pigment in "berber" - a dark iridescent red pigment that sparkles 
  • False Eyelashes in "Weimar" - these are huge, dramatic lashes with red and black interspersed. Love these!

I had a fabulous evening and got lots of compliments on my look. I can't wait to try these products out with some creations of my own!

Coming up next.. my most revealing expose yet - THE MORNING AFTER. It's not pretty..but let it not be said I'm too afraid to BARE ALL for you, beloved readers!

Which makeup counter should I hit next?

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments

  1. It's such great value when you think about it, with so many events coming up to xmas I think I'll book in with Illamasqua :) On my wishlist is Berber and one of their illuminators, so I love your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of those products I never realised I needed... until now! :)

    I can definitely recommend them, you don't have to have such a dramatic look either (unless you want to!)

    ReplyDelete