L'Oreal Brow Stylist Pencil

I'm a recent convert to brow pencils, I think the eyebrows are really one of the most neglected parts of many women's beauty routines. It's a shame, because eyebrows are important!


How important? Well, they say a picture is worth a thousand words:



It's hard to believe this is actually the same photo, but if you put your hand over the top of it, you'll see it is. Anything that can put a dent in Anne Hathaway's beauty is not something us mere mortals should ignore!

So, with this cautionary tale in mind, I am always sure to devote a little time to my brows each day as part of my everyday look. I recently had my brows shaped by the clever people at the Benefit Brow Bar (expect a review on that soon!) so they are looking good - but a little extra definition, especially when your brows are pale like mine, never goes astray.


My go-to pencil for daytime is the L'Oreal Brow Stylist pencil. It's very simple and a cheapie, but gets the job done. The "Darker Light Brown" is a good shade for me, as long as I don't overapply it, it highlights the red in my hair nicely without making me look like a clown. 


In summary:


The good: Nice easy to use product in a good shade, with the right consistency for easy application. Also pencil is a regular size so there's no hunting around for an oddly-shaped sharpener when the time comes.


The bad: Make sure you apply it lightly with feathery strokes, or risk an exaggerated "clownish" look.


Would I buy this again: Yes - and it looks like the one I have has been superseded by a model that includes a little brow brush as well. Looking forward to the upgrade! 


Rating: Ω Ω Ω Ω  Ω Can't Fault it, Excellent - 5/5 Omegas

No comments