Counter Culture: Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation Review

In my "Beauty Box" sampler from October was a gorgeous little Shiseido foundation sample in a tiny compact, it's just too cute.

I have been a fan of Shiseido for many years - being a Japanese brand they had (and still have) a lot of products suited to those of us who are looking for a "porcelain" look rather than a bronzed, sun-kissed one.

To my delight, also in the box was a card for a complimentary makeover at a Shiseido counter.

Now you know I can't resist makeup counters, so off I went to David Jones to experience the full Shiseido foundation range.

My consultant Vanessa was absolutely lovely and very generous with her time. She demonstrated a full range of foundation products for me.

 The products she used were:
  • Refining Makeup Primer
  • Perfect Refining Foundation 
  • Sheer Matifying Powder

As you can see they gave me a very nice dewy look. I found them to be quite light-feeling on the skin while still giving good coverage.

If you are interested in the rest of the makeup I was wearing you can see the details in my post all about "How to wear cheap blue eyeshadow.. without looking cheap."


No comments