Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor in "Stay Currant"



What it looks like when worn..
I'm a terrible floozy when it comes to makeup products, I rarely buy anything more than once. The exceptions to that rule are the real workhorses of my regular looks, and this is one of them. 


It's Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor in "Stay Currant". It really does last! Like many of these long-lasting formulas it can be a bit drying, I try not to wear these all the time.. but if I know I am going to have a long day of work followed by an evening out I will often use one of these. 


They take a little longer to apply than a regular lipstick, what I normally do is put on the first layer and then do my eye makeup - by the time I've finished that it's usually "set" and I can just add the gloss. I have experimented with using other lipsticks as the "gloss" layer as well, to play around with the colour of it.. I've had mixed results with this. I think there's an ingredient in the gloss that helps set the colour. 


In summary:


The good: a very long lasting lip colour in a great shade.
The bad: Would be too drying, I think, for every-day wear. Mix it up with more moisturising options to keep your lips nice.
Would I buy again: Yes, this is a staple for me, I've bought it several times.
Rating: Ω Ω Ω Ω  Very good, but doesn't "rock my world" - 4/5 Omegas






No comments