Revlon "Sunrise, Sunset" eyeshadow pallette


So I have had this for a while now, it was gifted to me by a friend. I've tried it out a few times and the colours are nice, they blend nicely together and seem to last well. Nothing very exciting or pigmented but a perfectly lovely look for daytime or work. 

Despite all this,  there was always something about it that didn't look quite "right" to me. I could never really put my finger on what it was. I finally worked it out!

The colours in this palette are really similar to the colours in a "bruise wheel" - if you're not a makeup artist you're going to be asking "What the HECK is a bruise wheel?!" right about now - it's simply a palette of makeup colours that you use to make fake bruises for special effects. 
I'm not sure the pictures really tell the story, but the colours really are rather similar, and the effect is too! 

A "Bruise Wheel"
 Now I've worked out what the "problem" is with this, I'll probably continue to use it for work, because I hate wasting products! I will also probably use this if/when I am creating a "bruised" effect. 

Last year I did a DJ gig for the "Zombie Shuffle After Party" - and I did some really gruesome special effect makeup for that. Here I am as a hideous zombie! 

Now that was LOTS of fun to wear, but not really an effect I am going for at work.. so maybe I will leave the bruise wheel in the cupboard for special events.

If you would like to see a tutorial - for either the daytime look OR my fabulous zombie makeover, let me know in the comments! 


No comments