Scintillating Scents - Amor Amor by Cacharel

I really love perfume. There's something so sensual and lovely about a beautiful aroma wafting off your skin. Scent is a trigger to memory, so having a signature scent can really make a moment "yours".


I prefer musky, woody scents, rather than florals. The spicier it is, the better I like it! I am often drawn to fragrances that are designed for men, as they tend to be more in this range.


One perfume I really love is Amor Amor by Cacharel.  Here's how they describe it: 


The atmosphere is electric as your glances meet. Amor Amor is the trigger: do you dare unleash passion? Sensual vanilla and jasmine mingle with sparkling blackcurrant; let the scent wrap around you both. Instant attraction, instant desire, instant Amor.


I have heard this scent described as "Floral" but that's never been the way I think of it. Perhaps that's why I am not a perfumer! The other descriptions seem spot on, though, and I can say that it's a fragrance that I really love, that makes me feel good whenever I wear it. 


I managed to find the body lotion in a "Bargain Bin" and of course I couldn't grab it fast enough.. having a shower and moisturising with this, then adding the perfume as I head out the door puts me in a great mood for a romantic evening.. 


To get a bit geeky, the rose on the bottle reminds me a little of Phèdre 's Marque (a character from Jacqueline Carey's "Kushiel" series) which definitely has sensual connotations for me..


Here, I'll try and show you what I mean: 


Exhibit A: The Amor Amor Rose:







Exhibit B: Phèdre 's Marque
What do you think? Can you see a resemblance? How do you feel about this perfume - do you love it or hate it? 



No comments