Summer Swimwear

Summer Swimwear

Is there any fashion purchase more fraught with stress than swimwear? It's a task many people dread, but I have to admit I quite enjoyed it this year!

Of course whenever I am in the market for a new swimsuit, there is only one name that springs to mind, and that is Esther Williams.

If you don't know who she is, well, do yourself a favour and have a look at these:

We are talking SERIOUS glamour here.


There are some very impressive waterproof makeup and hair-styling products on display here, not to mention a variety of totally gorgeous swimsuits. They really appeal to my vintage-loving eye, and I find this slightly more modest approach to swimwear really sexy.

I'm obviously not the only one who thinks so, as there's a whole range of "Esther Williams" branded swimwear available (pictures above, links below).

While I am a HUGE fan of online shopping, for this particular garment I really wanted to try it on, so when City Chic announced their swimwear had hit the stores, off I went to nab this little beauty:


I am happy to report that it did not disappoint and now I have one of these for my very own. I'm almost (almost) looking forward to the warm weather to try it out! I feel super cute in this, and the cheeky skirt gives me a little coverage. It has great control mesh and good bra infrastructure but still feels very comfortable on. It seems like it is a suit you could exercise strenuously in that would still look great for poolside cocktail lounging.

Being pale skinned and VERY quick to burn, and totally uninterested in tanning, I get a lot of use out of my parasol in the summer months. My favourites are made by the Boston Umbrella Co, I have gotten many happy years of use out of these, they are great quality.

Now I already own a couple, but with this new purchase it's going to be really hard to resist adding this to my collection:

It'd just be TOO cute, don't you agree? :)


2 comments

  1. Oh! I think there needs to be an Aquaporko! Modcloth order ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of lovely options there, and you totally can't go wrong channeling Esther :)

    ReplyDelete