20s Inspired makeup look - Be a Flapper!

I recently posted about blue eyeshadow, and it seems as though green is another colour that strikes fear into the hearts of eye-shadow wearers everywhere. I thought I'd show how a blue & green look could tie in to one of THE most classic eye looks off all time - the smokey eye. 

When putting this together I was channelling 1920s fashion, and specifically the wonderful outrageous ladies we know as flappers.

The flappers were a group of women who cut their hair short, didn't wear corsets, went out partying, were liberal in their mindsets and knew how to have a good time! Like all women who dare to step out of the "society rules" of the day they were much criticized!  The test of time has shown though, that they really paved the way for the feminist movement and we could do a lot worse than emulate their courageous attitudes. 

All this and they looked amazing too! :)

When going for a 20s flapper look you need to have dark eyes and a striking lip - either red or a dark colour.. sounds perfect to me! Avoid the fake tan and don't be stingy with the rouge, either.. 

Look for pictures of 20s style icons like Clara Bow, Louise Brooks and Anita Page for your inspirations. 

The products I used when creating my look were:

  • Two Faced Smoky Eye palette - the "Fashion Smoke" colours
  • BareMinerals Primer
  • BareMinerals Original Foundation
  • Lipstick Queen Lipstick in "Red Sinner"
  • LimeLily creme blush in "Naked" 


(As usual, as my individual reviews and tutorials for these products go up, you can click through to them using the links above.) 


This was a lot of fun to put together, and couldn't fail to put you in a party mood if you wore it. The dark blue and green eyeshadows went together beautifully and I really enjoyed being a 20's peacock for the evening. 


What do you think of my 1920s look? Inspired to try it yourself? 
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments

  1. Really nice eyeshadow mix, looks great with your eyes colour. Lipstick is beautiful too, so ruby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vivian, it was certianly a fun look to wear! I am loving the peacock tones for eyes at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peacock colour is one of my fav too, it looks nice with red or dark hair :)

    ReplyDelete