Counter Culture: Kit Cosmetics - BareMinerals Foundation Review


Whenever I am in Myer I can't resist a trip to the cosmetic counters and one of my favourites is Kit Cosmetics. There is always something new and exciting to see there.. and this trip was no exception.

Ciara, the resident expert that day, was kind enough to show me the new BareMinerals range of mineral foundations  Apparently this is the most popular foundation in the US and although I was sceptical at first, once she demonstrated the product it isn't hard to see why it's so popular.

If you haven't given the mineral foundation a go yet, you might be pleasantly surprised! I was pleased to see the coverage it gave me while still feeling very light on the skin. The idea that you might be doing your skin some good with the makeup you put on instead of clogging up your pores is appealing to me!

Here's a picture of how fresh-faced this foundation made me look, several hours after I got home. The lovely Ciara is not responsible for the rest of my look, I added that later, you can see all the details in my "1920s makeup look" post.

I'm wearing:

  • BareMinerals Primer
  • BareMinerals Original Foundation in "Fair"

The key to getting mineral foundation to look right is the brush, I am told, and all mine was put on with the "BareMinerals Flawless Foundation Brush" .

If you are looking for a light-feeling foundation that still gives good coverage, I definitely recommend checking this out.

Have you ever tried mineral cosmetics?

No comments