Review: John Frieda Full Repair Full Body Shampoo & Conditioner

In the Beauty Box for October were generously sized samples of John Frieda Full Repair Full Body Shampoo & Conditioner. I've been using them for the last few washes.


The advertising blurb says it will "repair your hair weightlessly". Now that sounds cool! I'd love it if my hair floated about as though gravity didn't effect it.. imagine the hairstyles you could do! Strangely the girl in the ad doesn't have gravity defying floaty hair even though there has been a lot of photoshop wizardry done.  Is it just me or does the girl in this ad have a really strange expression on her face? It does look like the photographer coached her to "make love to the camera"?


She's really, REALLY happy with her hair, it seems.


I found myself wondering "Who the heck is John Frieda, anyway?!". Apparently he's a UK celebrity hair stylist.  Here he is sidling up to Sarah Jessica Parker..now that's style power! :)


Apparently he sold off the hair products part of his business back in 2002, so good or bad you can't attribute these products to him any more. It must be very odd indeed to see your name on something that you have nothing to do with.. but hopefully his huge mountain of cash consoles him somewhat!



So.. the shampoo? I can't say I was driven to the heights of semi-comatose ecstasy myself, but I will say this are nice products!


It smells nice, it has a nice lather, and it got the job done. My hair looks shiny, clean and in good condition, feels moisturised and is behaving itself. 


It's reasonably priced, I'd definitely consider buying this in the full size.. maybe I will when I have tried out all the haircare samples in my ever-growing "to review!" pile :)












No comments