Review: Lipstick Queen Matte Lipstick in "Red Sinner"

I used to have this lipstick. I loved it. It was a perfect matte, exactly the right shade - dark, but absolutely red. It matched EVERYTHING. It looked good with every outfit.

It was "Lust", by Poppy, the brand of Poppy King. I got married in this lipstick. I gave birth to my eldest daughter wearing this lipstick. My love for it can't be described in words.

I went through three or four of them, and then, without warning, they weren't available any more. I searched ebay in vain but it seemed they were just gone.


Try to imagine my delight, then, when I discovered that Poppy was BACK.  Apparently this has been the case since 2009, but it is a new, and very welcome, discovery for me.

Not only is Poppy King making lipsticks again, under her new label "Lipstick Queen", but there is even a replacement for my beloved "Lust".

These new lipsticks come in two formulations, a sheer gloss called the "Saints" series and a matte range called "Sinners". The closest colour to Lust is "Red Sinner", so of course this is the one I had to snap up.

It's a stunning, knock-em-dead red, not for faint hearts. It might just be the euphoria of rediscovery speaking, but I think it might be even better than the original. The formulation is a bit smoother than I remember and the colour has just a little more "pop" to it.

If you're wanting to try this, You can find it at Kit Cosmetics.

Who says you can't find true love twice?


No comments