Review: Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar

In my November Bellabox I got a sample of a product I have heard a lot about and been wanting to try for a while now - Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics'  Lip Tar.
I could rant here about how choosing to name your cosmetics brand after a mental illness is a dodgy choice, (Stigmatization is bad, mm'kaay..) but let's set that aside for now and talk about the product.

Lip Tar. Goes on like a gloss, totally opaque, staying power.. this product promises a LOT. And boy oh boy does it deliver.

Here's how it turned out:

The colour I got is called "Strumpet". In the tube it is a dark reddish sort of colour, and on the lips it is an eye-bleedingly bright fuchsia. 
Freshly applied

I had read that a little bit goes a long way with these, so I applied what I thought was a tiny dot of it. It was WAY TOO MUCH. You really only need a little speck of this. 

It also stains, and once you've put a bit too much on, it's very hard to remove it without making a huge mess.. so I just blotted as best I could.

It will also stain your fingers or anywhere else you get it. be warned. 

You can see in this pic it is already starting to bleed a little bit because I put on too much.

I thought this was going to get worse as the day went on, but actually it stayed put really well.

After 6-7 Hours of wear
Here's a picture after about 6 or 7 hours of wear. (Also in artificial lighting so you can see things better)

I am really impressed with this product. The 8ml full size tube will last you for a long, long time, even if you wore it every day.

I am really keen to get this in a colour I'd be more likely to wear often - I think either "NSFW" described as a "True Primary Red" or "Stalker", described as a "true, classic, blue-based pinup red". 

You know I love boys in makeup.. so I was well pleased to see their new collection is called "Pretty Boy" and they're using male models to promote it. Have a look at this!


Pretty boys indeed!! Are you a lip tar fan? 

2 comments

  1. Ok, I need to find me some of this to test, in a more me-appropriate shade. Thanks, I'd never heard of it before.

    Also, that second photo... So hot!!! Excuse me while I drool on my keyboard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can get it at the bellabox shop in limited range if that's helpful. It's pretty amazing stuff. Otherwise there are the usual online options for the full range :)
    And yes, I do love that second photo.. the way they have used the gold glitter to highlight the collarbone and neck.. makes me all a-flutter! :)

    ReplyDelete