Review: RoC Complete Lift Lifting Daily Moisturiser

From the Lust Have it November Box I got a sample of a brand I hadn't heard of before, RoC. My extensive Internet searches have not revealed to me what RoC actually stands for...

So I am just going to assume they've named their brand after the mythical giant eagle. You know, like this one:



Surely a moisturiser named after an epic beast of yore has to be good, right?

Well, all joking aside, it is pretty good. It smells nice, and it's thick and creamy on first contact. It feels rich and nourishing on the skin. I've been applying it late at night and when I wake in the morning my skin still feels dewy and hydrated. 

I even contemplated buying it in full size.. but that's proving to be a little bit of a challenge, because it's not entirely clear which of their products this is actually a sample of. There seems to be two, at the same price, with very similar names to the sample..
It's interesting how packaging has such a strong effect on how we perceive products. These two are the same price (around $50 depending on where you buy it). The stuff in the tube is called "Complete Lift Daily Moisturiser". The stuff in the glass jar is ALSO called "Complete Lift Daily Moisturiser". I'm not sure if they are the same product packaged two different ways or what - but if I had these side by side, I'd probably choose the one the glass jar.  Things in jars are better quality than things in tubes... at least that's what we've been taught to believe by cosmetic companies!

Whether it comes in a tube or a jar I can tell you this is a good moisturiser.. if you're looking for something rich and hydrating you should consider this one. 

What about you? are you influenced strongly by packaging, or do you not judge a product by it's presentation? Let me know in the comments!






No comments