OOTD 20 Jan: Asos, Urban Decay, Target


A workday outfit. With temperatures forecasted to soar into the high thirties (thats close to 100 degrees for you Fahrenheit types), I kept things simple - got my hair up off my neck and threw on a dress.. it just doesn't get any easier than that.

I picked this dress up in the recent Asos sale, and like the jacket I bought I'm really happy with it. The sizing is spot on and the quality seems high.  Even at sale prices this wasn't a cheapie, but I can see myself getting many happy years of wear out of it.

It is made of a quite thick synthetic fabric, which is not the best choice for a hot day, but on the upside, it really cuts down on the creasing. Because I was lucky enough to be able to hide in air-conditioning most of the day it was fine.

I can see this being a staple of my spring/autumn wardrobe.

Details:



Fashion:
Dress: Asos
Bracelets: City Chic
Shoes: Target

Beauty:
Eyeshadow: Urban Decay Naked Palette
Lips: Rimmel by Kate, no 10
Bareminerals Mascara, L'Oreal foundation

My hair is in a twist-and pin - looks complex, is very simple indeed. Once you master this technique you can do a complicated looking upstyle in just a couple of minutes.

Whenever I wear a lot of red like this I always get a "Lady in Red" comment.. it seems people are just wired to say something. I don't wear a lot of other colours so I am not sure if any other colour cops comments like that - maybe you can tell me. If you wear a lot of blue, or green, or orange.. do people have a "quick quip" that they say to you?

I have heard "lady in red" and "roxanne!" and similar comments so often they don't even register.

What is it about red that people just can't resist saying something about?


No comments