Review: Mystery Brushes - MAC Dupes 24 brush roll

So.. when you're a blogger I guess it's only a matter of time before you get some odd mail, right?


The other day I received in the mail a set of makeup brushes.  No accompanying information, no return address - just a set of brushes sent straight from China. I didn't order them and I have no idea where they came from, but they had my name on the front so.. they're mine!

If it was someone trying to promote themselves, well, they're doing it wrong.

So, the brushes - there's 24 of them in a vinyl roll. They have a MAC logo on them but they are not the real thing!

I gave them a wash (which you should always do before you use new brushes) and they seem quite good.

It's clear they don't have the quality of my Sigma brushes but they are quite workable. For the price I got them for I can hardly complain - but by the looks of it these retail for around $30 online.. that's a good price point.


I can't be happy with them, though. I think using some other company's logo and brand without authorisation is really not on.

The sad thing is, these brushes are really quite good - if they had their own brand, they would probably become popular in their own right.

Whoever's making these should stop making them with a MAC logo and start making them with their own brand.

Until that happens though, an ebay search will get you a set of these, if you're looking for a good cheap starter pack.  If you want quality that will really last though, I'd dodge these, spend a little more and get some Sigma brushes.

2 comments

  1. I'm very happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the accidental misinformation that's at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this greatest doc.
    Vera Wang Princess Eau de Parfum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been browsing online greater than 3 hours as of late, but I never found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It is pretty value enough for me. Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made just right content material as you did, the web can be a lot more helpful than ever before.
    Keen Women's Snowmass High Waterproof Winter Boot

    ReplyDelete