Review: Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencils - Pure Gold & Cherry

I got these goodies from makeupnet.com.au - two Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencils.

Nyx is a new brand for me, and I was intrigued by the name, because as Wiki says:

 In Greek mythologyNyx (Νύξ, "night"Nox in Roman translation) was the primordial goddess of the night. A shadowy figure, Nyx stood at or near the beginning of creation, and was the mother of personified gods such as Hypnos (sleep) and Thánatos(death). Her appearances in mythology are sparse, but reveal her as a figure of exceptional power and beauty.

Goddess of the Night? I can hardly think of a better patron for a makeup line!

 I chose Pure Gold and Cherry (figuring gold and red were good safe choices for me!) 
 I'm really happy with my choices! The cherry is a nice not-pink red, that's quite light, and the gold is a nice deep yellow metallic. 


They go on really easily, and can be layered well. Creme eye shadows are prone to fading and creasing but these seem okay - I did do a touchup after about 4 hours of wear.. these would last through an evening out I think.


I found they could be blended out well too, for this look I used the gold on my lids quite heavily, building up colour, but then faded it up to make a light gold highlight under my brow. 


Then I used the cherry on the outer edge of my eye and along the crease..  it's a fairly vibrant look and probably not one for every day but I would enjoy wearing this on the weekend or when I'm headed out. 


The pencils seem like great value - they are firm (but not too hard) in texture and a little bit goes a long way. 


I will probably get a few more colours of these next time they go on sale. Apparently they're good for lips too, so I will have to give that a try soon!

No comments