Review: Opi Nail Envy

I was loving the shellac on my nails - it lasted so long and was really chip resistant.. but I am not loving what it's done for my nails. For me, it's more or less done the same thing having acrylic nails put on would have - when the shellac did finally chip and peel off, it took some layers of my nail with it - they've been left quite brittle and not at all smooth.

Time for a rest and some drastic action then! I have been putting this on my nails for the past couple of weeks, and I am finding it's working well. It looks cloudy in the bottle, but goes on clear, and doesn't take too long to dry.

The instructions tell you to put two coats on to begin with, a new coat every second day for 10 days and then take it all off with nail polish remover and start again. I haven't been as diligent as all that, absentmindedly keeping it next to my computer and popping some on when I am not typing or baby-wrangling, which is probably every second day or so..

My nails are already starting to look better, and I'm going to keep on using this.. both as a treatment and as a base coat until the bottle runs out, no doubt.

I am telling myself that not having shellac means that I can have more variety in my nail colour, and maybe I will actually get really good at putting nail polish on. Stranger things could happen! :)

1 comment