Best red lipsticks: Omega's Picks

It is no surprise to regular readers, I'm sure, to hear that most of the lipsticks in my collection, and certainly most of the ones that actually get worn, are red. I often get asked "what's the best red lipstick?" and while there is no definitive answer, here are five of my all-time favourites, from cheapies to the utterly luxe.


Best red lipsticks: Omega's Picks



In no particular order:

Coral Colours: Scarlet: This is a really cheap, great value matte blue-red that you just can't go wrong with. Fantastic value and available everywhere.
Morgana Cryptoria - It Girl: A lush formulation based on the lipsticks of the 1920s, this is an old-school matte that lasts and lasts.  Available through makeupnet.
Bourjois - Sweet Kiss 56: High Gloss, bright scarlet, this is a statement lipstick that demands attention. Get it at pharmacies and everywhere.
Lasting Finish by Kate for Rimmel - No 10: Smells like cherries, goes on buttery smooth and as the name suggests, long lasting.  Also readily available through pharmacies and all over the place.
Illamasqua - Box: Luxe and gorgeous, from the enameled black case to the gorgeous deep tonal colour, this is luxury all the way - one for special occasions, or as a never fails pick me up on an otherwise dull day. Get it from the Illamasqua counter in Myer.
Lipstick Queen - Sinner: From Poppy King herself, this is a great matte blue red that just keeps on giving. Another luxe purchase that is worth every penny. Available at Kit Cosmetics.

What's your favourite red?





2 comments

  1. My favorite is Studio Gear True Red - a matte blue-red that I wear constantly. I wanted a matte red for when I was feeling vintage-y, so I marked up my wrists with every red in the store one day, and it won hand's down. I get compliments on it all the time, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely check that one out :)

      Delete