OOTD: Feathers Magic Dress


Here's a good example of one blogger being influenced by another. I was first made aware of the existence of this dress by the lovely blog "Styling You". The author has a great recurring series called "the Model and Me", where she shows what clothing looks like on people that aren't models. I'm a big believer in that, as I think it's a lot more useful to see what things look like on someone who's not very tall and very thin. Perhaps if I was tall and thin I'd feel differently!

This is from Feathers. Not a store I'd normally have looked at.. I think some years ago I pigeon-holed them as a "mumsy" brand with not much of interest to me.. but things have changed, it seems their range now is a lot more fashion forward and interesting.. or perhaps my tastes have changed.

So it is with this "magic dress". It's a wonder of drapery.. it manages to be very comfortable to wear, and it hugs all the curves I'd like it to hug and none of the ones I'd prefer it didn't.. 

There's a zip at the front so you can make the neckline demure or daring as you like.. I zip it up for work and lower it for going out. 

Best of all, I spotted this on a discount rack, so I was able to pick it up at a bargain price! I do love a discount rack! 

Here you can see it styled two ways, with red leggings and jewellery for a night out, and with black/grey print tights and a silver Marcasite necklace for work. 

This is a really versatile dress and one I know I will get a lot of wear from. I really love dresses that are comfortable to wear but still look dressy, and this is a fantastic example of that.

8 comments

  1. Awesome! Love that dress - and yes, I'll be layering it when it cools down here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favourite things about moving from Brisbane to Melbourne is the amount of extra wear all my lovely not-the-height-of-summer stuff gets now :)

      Delete
  2. Looks so gorgeous! Oh my! & adore the silber necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. I don't exactly remember where I got that necklace from.. might have been city chic.. :)

      Delete
  3. I have two of these and I am thrashing them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did try the red one on as well, and in what may be a first for me, I preferred the black.. :)

      Delete
  4. ooo smexy.

    Please tell me this dress is still available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I snagged mine at the feathers store at 101 collins, and when I was there, there were several sitting on the discount rack.. be quick and you might be lucky! :)

      Delete