Review: Eye of Horus natural smokey eye pencil and Eye of Horus define eye liner

I have raved about the Eye of Horus Mascara before, and the good people there were kind enough to send me some more of their products.

I have their "Natural Smokey Eye Pencil" and their "Define Eye Liner" and I have been giving them both quite the workout..

The Natural Smokey Eye Pencil is a really soft pencil, apparently it's made with Jojoba Wax and Mango Oil. It reminds me of the awesome indian-brand eyeliners you can get, but unlike them there's no scary eye watering petrochemical smell.. I am sure this is much gentler and nicer on your eyes, too! The pencil has a great smudger on its end and this does a great job of giving you just the right amount of dishevelment. It's waterproof, too, so even on a hot day (these pictures were taken on a 35 degree day and I was very hot and sweaty).. it did not budge.

The liquid is the opposite - sharp, precise, this felt-tip end is all about putting a fine line exactly where you want it and no where you don't.

Between them you could get any eyeliner effect you wanted. In the pictures above I have used the pencil on my tightline, waterline and lower lash line, and the liquid liner on my top lash line.

This combination gives a strong look but doesn't go into "panda eyes" territory. If you are into the extreme eye art the liquid eyeliner would be good for that, too.

You can pick these beauties up at the Eye of Horus website.

These items were provided for consideration. My opinions, as always, remain my own. 

No comments