Review: Glasshouse fragrances Marseille Body Bar - Gardenia


I find that having a nice soap or wash in the bathroom can really help with my mood.. I just generally feel "nicer" when I have lovely smelling things in the bathroom to use. It makes me feel decadent, and as though I am taking good care of myself.

For the amount of money it costs it really is a brilliant investment for the positive effect it has on my general sense of well-being.

That's what I tell myself when I buy loads of bath/shower products, anyway.

This "Fragrance Body Bar" was in the  the Lust Have It Box for December 2011. Despite the absence of the word "soap" on the packaging, it is in fact a bar of soap, made from palm oil according to the packaging.

The manufactures describe it as follows:


As rugged as its coastline, yet as smooth as its boulevards, Marseille is a contrasting blend of Gardenia, Sandalwood, Cardamom and Casaba Melon aromas with a coastal village vibe. This richly triple-scented soap replenishes and rejuvenates the skin giving it a natural glow and a lovely feeling of softness. Best of all, it contains Almond Oil and Vitamin E to protect and recondition the skin.


It does smell lovely, the gardenia scent is quite strong. If you kept this in your linen drawer it would give everything in it  floral scent after not too long. (Is it only my grandmother who used to keep soap amongst her linens?)

Go ahead and have a chuckle at this picture I snagged from the website, of the soap being lovingly hand wrapped by a hand model. I'm just going to pretend this is what happens with every bar, and they're not wrapped in a factory. Ahem.

This has "Made in Australia" very proudly stamped on the bar, I wonder why they chose to name it after a French city? I guess a "Wooloomooloo Fragrant Bar" just doesn't have the same ring to it..

This lathers up nicely and does everything you would expect a soap to do.  If you want a nice smelling soap that does the job, and you like using traditional soap, then this one should see you right.

No comments