Wild Makeup Looks: Dark Fairy

I did a DJ gig recently for a nightclub event where theme was "Dark Fairies". I whipped out the latex and did this:


I enjoyed being a scary purple fairy for the night.. and it really wasn't that hard to do.. here's what I did:


I put down a layer of purple base - for this I just used the Illamasqua base and added some purple body paint to it - this gave me a lighter tone that I knew would match the darker/brighter purple I wanted to use over the top.  After that I did some shading with my purple illamasqua lipstick as a blush.

Once I was happy with that, I painted scales on my forehead with latex - I got this from Kryolan, it was super cheap and has lasted me for many many applications.

While the latex was drying I put purple Illamasqua lipstick on, and topped that with glitter, and I did my eye makeup, which is just a charcoal creme/glitter eyeshadow and lots of eyeliner and mascara.. kept things simple because I had a lot of other stuff going on!

Once the latex had dried I used a kabuki brush to sponge on purple body paint over the top, creating the shape I wanted. After that I used a light purple shadow to do some highlighting on the scales and a dark one to add some shadows.. then glitter. Lots and lots of glitter.

I am wearing a cheap and nasty wig from the costume shop, and some equally cheap and nasty hair clip things with butterflies stuck to them..  and I am also wearing some very lovely resin horns that I stole from one of my awesome partners for the night.

Some more detail shots of the look:


What do you think of it? 

No comments