Dita Von Teese Von Follies at LMFF

As previously promised, I will not be bringing you much from Melbourne fashion week this year, employing my usual very selfish editorial policy of "If I can't wear it, I won't blog it"...

I will show you this though - a stunning example of a plus size lady ROCKING the catwalk at the show for Dita Von Teese's lingerie line Von Follies.

Dita booted any model she thought looked "too skinny" and instituted a ban on spray tans before the show. Hooray on both counts, say I!

Then she went one better and presented models in the full range of sizes the lingerie is available in - her range goes up to a size 20. Only a little foray into plus sizes, to be sure, but a welcome one.

It's a shame that her choice to show a variety of shapes and sizes on the catwalk is such a novel idea it has made headlines all over the place. This shouldn't be news, as far as I'm concerned - it should be the norm.

The collection itself is really beautiful. Lots of black lace everywhere and vintage-looking details. 

Even better unlike many of the gorgeous clothes sauntering up the runway this week, these are quite affordable, and readily available in Target.

I hope that I'll be able to show you some other examples of plus size models during fashion week, but I don't have my hopes up... if you spot any, do tell me!





11 comments

  1. Beautiful women and beautiful lingerie, that's LMFF. But something gorgeous in my size and with a wearable price tag, that's priceless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm depressed these aren't available in the U.S.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure if the range proves successful they will bring it out there. I have always presumed that Dita's "Muse" line and this one were launched here because we are a good test market -if they prove popular then I am sure that a US/UK/Europe launch isn't far behind.

      Delete
  3. Yes they look gorgeous! It should be the norm because plus size and skinny is the norm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be awesome to see more diversity on catwalks as a matter of routine...

      Delete
  4. Love this! Why isn't she selling this at US Targets - booo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know their business plan, obviously, but I'm guessing they are using Australia as a test market - now that it's been popular here I'm sure it will be in the US soon :)

    In the meantime you can send us some of YOUR awesome plus size retailers, oh and sephora while you're at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. I'm the model featured in the above photos. I'd love to talk to you about getting a copy for my folio :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carla! These pictures were provided by the press agent.. email me at fashionadjacent@gmail.com and I'd be happy to pass on the details I have :)

      PS: You looked totally gorgeous! :)

      Delete