Haircare with a heart.. Review: Evo The Great Hydrator moisture mask

It's not often that something as banal as a hair treatment product can make you laugh, but this one did.. I got this sample in the December Lust Have It box.

It's from evo - it's called "the great hydrator"..

I could try and describe this product, but there's no way I can top what's on the packaging. Here's what it says:


"this product is like a patient friend, gently combing out the knots in your hair with a thousand strokes of a brush while another friend lays petals ipon the ground to soften your walk to the morning bus."

Right. Isn't it nice to see one of these cosmetic companies not making hyperbolic claims? oh wait..

I really love the humour that's apparent in the entire range. If you click on the pic here of the full range and zoom in on it you will be able to see some other brilliant examples of their witty packaging.

So it's cute and all.. but does it work? I have to say this is a great product. There's no instructions so I wasn't sure whether to add it to wet or dry hair, or to leave it in, or what...

I decided to go the whole hog, and put on my hair while it was towel-dry and then sleep with the mask on my hair.

I woke up to lovely soft hair with a lot of bounce - there didn't seem to be any residue I needed to wash out. I don't know if I used it correctly or not but it did do nice things to my hair so I must have done something right!

This is a brand I hadn't heard of before it appeared in a sample box, but now it's one I will be looking for.

Another one of their products looks like a little slice of brilliance, and I'm keen to try it out.. it's their "Mister Fantastic Bungee Cords" which seem to be a much better re-design of the usual hair tie. I am very keen to get my hands on some of these and try them out..

It looks as though these are only sold through selected hairdressing salons, I will definitely be peeping into a few to try and find them.




No comments