Review: OPI gel manicure My Private Jet

After reading about my shellac woes, the people at OPI's PR co very generously offered me the chance to see how their gel is different to the product I tried before, so off I went to the OPI Nail Bar in David Jones.

If you love nail polish this place is a little slice of heaven. Seeing all the OPI colours lined up makes me feel like a kid in a candy store. So many pretty things! I somehow conveniently forget the draw full of nail polishes I have at home and instead make grabby hands at all the shiny new ones...

Choosing one for my new manicure was no easy task. It was made a little easier by the fact that there are selected colours available in the gel formulation.


Seeing as my all time favourite OPI Polish "An Affair in Red Square" wasn't available, I decided to really go wild and not get red at all!


After much I eventually decided on "My Private Jet", which is a gorgeous gunmetal/black colour with flecks of glitter in it. Very nice indeed!

I could tell from the start that this experience was going to be different - the technician was really gentle with my nails. She rounded them off nicely and asked before shortening them.

The colour went on and set in no time at all - I just love that the gel colours dry under the light - I am the sort of person who puts polish on my nails and waits for what seems like forever for them to try before moving, and then bumps and chips them in the first few minutes. Every time. The gel avoids this issue all together, which is perfect for a clumsy cluck like me!

I love how my nails look, and so far the polish has lasted really well.

Of course the real test will be to see how they effect the condition of my nails in the long term  - I will certainly keep you posted with my ongoing tests.





2 comments

  1. I love love love OPI nailpolish. If I paint my nails, I don't bite them... so I feel that having an awesome OPI collection is therefore justified :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. on a cost-per-wear basis, I think beautiful nail polish is one of the cheapest forms of self-care out there.. I always feel like I am taking better care of myself when my nails are nice. :)

      Delete