Teal Lips? Hells YES! Apocalips NOW! Review: Illamasqua Human Fundamentalism Apocalips

So I simply couldn't wait for a parcel to arrive or any other delay - I just had to rush into Illamasqua the very first day their new "Human Fundamentalism" collection was available.

I was such an eager beaver they hadn't even unpacked it all yet! I did get to try a couple of things though.
In this pic I'm wearing the new teal lipstick, "Apocalips", and the new white liquid eyeliner, Precision Ink called "Scribe" and for extra fun the talented makeup artist also made my eyebrows match my hair - they've been filled in with a red pencil in the colour "Strumpet".

Not a look for the office with these wild brows, to be sure, but I am definitely going to try my own version of this for going out.  I would be willing to try the teal lips in the office, but I would tone the rest of my makeup right down... one challenging thing at a time for my conservative coworkers!

Every time a MUA (Make Up Artist) demos something on me, I learn something. This time it was a great tip about eyebrows...


She said if you want a great look, you should always let the TOP line of your eyebrows be your guide. This gives you the right angle of arch for your eye shape. Even with this crazy colour you can see the lovely shape she has made. I'm definitely going to be using this technique when I use more sedate colours on my brows as well. 

The white liquid liner - I can see a lot of uses for this. I suspect those lucky enough to get their hands on it will find it one of those items they can't remember how they ever did without.. it's an awesome opaque white. For eye-opening waterlines, and bases for pure colour pops of pigment, this baby is going to be invaluable. 

This little taste of the collection has only fuelled my burning desire for it. I can't wait to get a closer look at the palettes and the new gold flecked skin base as well.

What do you think of the teal lip? Think you'd ever try it?

2 comments

  1. Teal is my favourite colour - I am very tempted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The MUAs at the Illamasqua counters are very friendly and helpful, I'd go there and try it out for yourself, I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised by how wearable it is..

      Delete