Beauty Blogger Birthday...

It was my birthday yesterday. I turned 39. So what does a erstwhile beauty blogger get up to on her birthday?

Well, I had to work (booo) but I did manage to have a little bit of fun. In my lunch hour I went bar hopping!

Responsible, no?  Wait, don't call my boss - it wasn't those sorts of bars!!

I got my hair professionally blow-dried at the "Blow Dry Bar" - very happy with how it turned out. I asked for sleek, shiny and bouncy.. and certainly got that. I wish I could get it done every day!

I got my nails done at the Revlon Nail Bar.. mostly red with black ring fingers.. subtle enough for the board room, fun enough for me. Was a lovely relaxing time too, highly recommended for a little feel-good splurge!



I also cruised all the cosmetic counters (they're pretty much makeup bars, right?) and looked at shiny new things.. oh so many lovely things!  I was especially tempted by shu uemura's new whitening/brightening skincare range, gorgeous wet/dry estee lauder metallic eyeshadows and a tom ford contouring/illuminating palette. All added to the ever growing, never ending long term wish list!

I got an AWESOME blog relevant birthday present. A DSLR camera! Of course I have not the faintest idea how to use it, but I will learn. It's a Nikon D3100 which was highly recommended as "Idiot Proof" for the budding photographer new to DSLRs. Hopefully you will see a marked improvement in the blog photography from this point forward - or as least as soon as I master some of the basic controls.

And of course there was cake. Red Velvet, home made lovingly by someone I adore. Was delicious!

I don't think birthdays get much better than that, do they?

6 comments

  1. Sounds amazing. Happy birthday! Excellent blow job you've got there ;) haha! It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here I was so careful to avoid that phrase! :D Unfortunately it only lasted a day, I wish my hair would just curl like that naturally! I really need to learn how to do it myself :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! Love the nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. I haven't tried the whole two tone thing before but I am definitely going to do it again..

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! I absolutely love, love, love your hair! Gee I wish I could carry off a colour like that :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, that's very sweet! :)

      Delete