Red Jeans for every shape.. Interstate Styling Challenge!


If you follow me on twitter, or "like" fashion adjacent on facebook, you would have caught my enthusiastic excitement when I found out that City Chic were going to sell red jeans. I have been wanting to get a pair for ages, and have tried several that didn't fit properly.. finally, I have been able to get my hands on some. 

You're going to be seeing a lot of these. Brace yourself.....
I couldn't wait to get these on and go out partying - here I have paired them with a sleeveless sequin top from an opshop, under that a long sleeved jacket from lululemon.

The shoes are from target and just happen to exactly match the colour of the jeans.  

I am not the only one who was swept up in the red jean excitement.. my dear friend from Sydney, Jess, also snagged herself a pair and was kind enough to  send me a couple of pics of her stylings. 

Jess is about 2 feet taller than me and totally gorgeous ( as you can see). I love how she's mixed the red jeans with cobalt blue, both in her top AND in those fabulous heels. Platform glitter stilletos? OH MY!

Her second look is also very cool, the skinny cut of these means they are easy to tuck into boots, as you can see. I would very much like to steal this black top as well!

One thing we have both noticed about these is that the fabric is quite thin and is prone to pilling, we both got patches of wear on our jeans after not a lot of walking around. 

I suspect because of the fabric of these and their lack of durability these jeans are going to be around for a good time but not a long time. I for one intend to wear mine until they fall apart! 








3 comments

  1. I too shall wear mine until they fall apart, and possibly keep on wearing them even still!

    For those who enjoy such things, I should probably say:

    Picture 1:
    Shirt- Target
    Shoes- Pleaser Bordello

    Picture 2:
    Shirt- Internationale (UK high street shop, I got his on holiday about 6 years ago and expect it to give up the ghost any time now because it's a cheap knit, but I will be SO sad when it does, it's probably my favourite going-out shirt ever).
    Boots- New Rock, they came with black laces but I swapped them out almost immediately because I always seem to wear them with red things anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thanks for the extra details..

      Always the dilemma with favourite items of clothing that you know aren't going to last forever.. my inclination is just to wear the heck out of them, even if it means they don't last as long :)

      Delete
  2. WOWZA That is one sexxxxxy outfit ;)

    ReplyDelete