Review: Rimmel The Max Bold Curves Extreme Volume and Lift Mascara

That's one heck of a long name.. so many promises! I got this as part of my Priceline "Sister Club" membership. The garish green packaging means it doesn't get lost in my makeup bag, but I have to admit the hideousness of the colour scheme and the wild claims had me dubious. I don't respond well to hyperbole so it was with a lot of scepticism that I tried this out. 

Rimmel says "It's our biggest curve ever!" which I presume refers to the brush, which is indeed curved. I am not sure how much this really helps with application, I did find I smudged myself a few times before I got used to the shape of it. It does a nice job of getting those tricky lashes on the inner and outer corners of your eye.

Left: naked lashes  Right: with Rimmel "The Max".
The mascara itself? It's certainly big, bold and out there.. with one coat it looks like you've done several, yet it doesn't seem to clump, which is good. You can see from the pictures I took that it makes a big difference to how your lashes look.

Mascara is one of those things you need to replace regularly so buying really expensive ones doesn't seem worth it to me - so a great "drugstore brand" like this is the way to go. I'm giving this ugly green monster two thumbs up!





No comments