Wild Makeup Looks: Satyr

Here's an over the top makeup look I put together recently.. I was going for a kind of faun/satyr look - not a full on costume, just something a bit fun and different for the club. I wanted to look otherworldly.

So, how did I do it?

I started with a pale base, using Skin Base by Illamasqua - it gives a great full coverage look, if you really want a "blank canvas" for a wilder look this is a great base to choose.  I did some contouring and highlighting which hasn't come up very well in the photo.


I used the blue and green from my Too faced smoky eye palette, mixing them together to form a teal colour which I applied heavily on my lids, under my brow, and even extended the colour down my nose. I added a bronze colour to the centre of my lid as a highlight.

I also used a blue liquid eyeliner that has glitter in it - it's a cheapie from Designer Brands that I will review soon. 

The overall effect was to make me look a bit inhuman I think, which was the point of the exercise.

On my lips I wore Apocalips which matched the colour of the eyeshadow nicely.  

People have asked me what brand of coloured contacts I wear - I don't. My eyes change colour, sometimes they are grey, sometimes blue, sometimes green - they tend to reflect whatever eye makeup I am wearing and just generally do their own thing. 


The horns I stole from my partner, and he got them from Etsy.

A fun look to wear and very easy to do, there's a big effort level Vs effect payoff here.

The Illamsqua products mentioned were provided for consideration. My opinions, as always, remain my own.

No comments