Review: GlossyBox April 2012

Well, the April Glossybox has finally made its appearance, in May!

This is the last Glossybox, they have merged with "Lust Have It" so there's going to be one less box around each month now.

So.. did they go out with a bang or a whimper? Here's what we got:



  • Redwin Organics Moisturiser, Orange and Mergamot. Smells nice, as you'd expect, this is a full size sample worth $4.95 (hardly a luxury product at that price!)
  • Davroe Thermaprotect Hair treatment - I don't blow dry or straighten my hair very often so this will go into long term storage for me, the "I'll get to it one day!" drawer.
  • Uandi Natural "age reversal cream" - wow, talk about the big claim! I'm not even sure calling it that is legal! I'll let you know if it strips years off me. 
  • Jurlique Intense Recovery Mask - Jurlique is a great brand and I'm sure this will be a nice product.
  • Innova Repair Capsules - litte ampoules of apricot oil for your hair. 
Well, an all-skincare/haircare box, no makeup at all.. that's a shame. I was kind of hoping they would go "All out" for the last box and really knock it out of the ballpark, but sadly that doesn't appear to have been the case.

Once again they have printed 18 products on the info card, but you only get five of them, I am really (REALLY) hoping other sample box companies don't follow this example, because I think it's just human nature to look down the list and sigh at all the goodies you didn't get, and then mentally construct the "best" possible sample box from the list, which you didn't get either. 

I would have loved the chance to try out some of the Integrity Cosmetics products, or get some more Mirenesse, alas it was not to be.

I'm sorry the glossyboxes are no more, I'm telling myself one less sample box is probably a good thing. 

1 comment