OOTD: Winter is Coming (no, actually it's here.)

Some days there's nothing to do but rug up.. winter has sprung on us with a vengeance this year, with the temperature sitting at single digits overnight and through those cold mornings..

It's a good idea to rug up.. being relatively new to a city that actually HAS winters this is a skill that I am still learning, but I am getting there.

I have learned the hard way that any exposed skin is a bad idea.. woe betide the commuter who forgets her socks!

This is me all rugged up... I have my my mohair wool hat (picked it up from Myer years ago and still love it!), a woolen crocheted neck collar (on discount from Imagination) , my woolen coat (bought in St Kilda), thermals, leggings, thick socks and thick suede shoes (battered old favourites from Target)... pretty much I am as warm as a sheep, I think!

Look just about as grumpy as one too, squinting at the sun in this photo. Sometimes my daily shots don't turn out how I'd like.. like this one, I don't think it's very flattering. That makes me hesitant to share, but you know what? This is one of the ways I look. I'm not model perfect, and actually, I'm quite sure I don't want to be!

So here you have me, squinting and all, braving a cold morning. What are some of your tips and tricks for surviving Melbourne's coldest mornings?


No comments