Review: Lon Vitalite 24K Gold Yulan Oil Facial Mask

This came in the Lust Have it June box, along with a matching eye mask. Anything that says "24 K GOLD" on the packaging is bound to get my attention so I was immediately intrigued by this. 

I really like using masks - in the ads people lounge about with cucumbers over their eyes while using these, I normally wander around the house scaring small children instead. 

This is a really cooling and soothing mask, it would be perfect for a hot summers day. It tingles a bit when you put it on, but it's not an unpleasant sensation. 

Significant digging around on the Internet didn't reveal to me what "Yulan Oil" is or where it comes from. There is a Yulan Magnolia tree but whether this oil comes from that, I couldn't tell you. It's also not listed in the ingredients (which are Glycerin, Azulene, Collogen amino acids, Hyaluronic acid, Niacinamide, Gold, Morus Alba extract, Carbomer, Proplyene glycol, Purified Water) - But the "Morus Alba" is a white mullberry extract, which is good for skin, along with Hyraluronic Acid which is recommended for all sorts of discolouration - it's not hard to see why this would work. 

What I can tell you is that this mask has a really noticeable "lightening and brightening" effect. After using it my face looked a lot more even toned and "brighter". Small spots of discolouration had faded and overall it seemed my face was paler and clearer-looking. I was really pleased with the results of this, and will be making room for it in my routine from now on. At $12 a mask or so it's a lot cheaper than heading off to the day spa!


Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments