Sunday Swatch: Australis Colour Inject Mineral Lipstick in CanCan

I picked this up at Priceline in my last haul there and it has found a regular place in my lipstick rotation.. this is Australis' Colour Inject Mineral Lipstick in CanCan. 

Whenever I hear "CanCan" I immediately think of the movie "Moulin Rouge" and the amazing cancan scene with all the multicoloured petticoats.. I don't think this decadent shade of berry lipstick would look out of place at all in the bohemian paradise of Montmarre, so it is well named!

These sorts of colours are really in right now, dark berry shades are perfect for winter, and flatter light and dark complexions alike.

The packaging on this is really pleasantly chunky - the tube is fat and has a nice weight to it - doesn't feel like a budget brand at all. 

The colour payoff and long lasting colour is also really satisfying - for a lipstick that costs about $13 my expectations were modest, but this has really impressed me. I have plenty of far more expensive lipsticks that don't have the opaque colour burst OR the long lasting wearability that this one does. 

If you'd like to celebrate the start of winter without busting your budget I recommend you make one of these yours - I am going to be acquiring more colours from this range just as soon as I can. 









No comments