Swatched: Too Faced Beauty Balm

 The highly anticipated Beauty Balm from Too Faced has hit the shelves at Kit Cosmetics, so of course I had to rush there and swatch it.

It's available here in three tones , "Vanilla Glow", "Nude Glow" and "Beach Glow"(there's a fourth colour that doesn't seem to have been released here called "Cream Glow" that seems to be a midpoint between Vanilla and Nude)


I swatched them on my pale pasty irish skin, and to my eye they all have a distinct yellow/orange tone to them. If you are looking for a sun-kissed look, or you are tanned, these would suit your skin tone well I think. 









I prefer a more cadaverous look so I am not sure that these would suit me, but I'd have to actually put the light one on my face and let it "calm down" and see how the tone looks then - I have bought BB creams in the past that looked like they weren't going to work when I first tried them and then blended beautifully, so it's possible this is one of those.
Swatched: Vanilla Glow, Nude Glow, Beach Glow


They look to give a medium level of coverage, more like a foundation than a tinted moisturiser. 


I am  a big fan of Too Faced's eyeshadows (the smoky eye palette is definitely one of my most-used items in the bathroom), it's interesting to check out some of their other products.


2 comments

  1. Eekkk! They are very yellow. Me and my pale skin will have to skip it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my initial impression too! Sometimes BB creams calm down and blend in after you've put them on, so this mightn't wind up yellow.. still, straight out of the tube it certainly looks that way....

    ReplyDelete