Aussie Curves: Red

This week's theme? RED. Red like blood, like roses, like apples.. the colour of passion, love, rage and lust.
Anyone who has looked at even ONE page of my blog would guess that red is my favourite colour.. when this came up as the theme for this weeks' Aussie Curves blog hop, I was pretty happy. I was also a bit stumped for choice, because I have so much red stuff...

I decided to go all out and wear red head-to-toe. Despite my love of this colour I don't do this very often, I tend to mix my reds with blacks and greys, and have it pop out as an accent colour. With hair like mine I am always accessorising with red!

So, here it is - everything red! I am wearing a long sleeved tunic top from Target, and a chiffon skirt from Millers, and a patchwork sleeveless tunicdress from St Kilda Markets, and red shoes from Target, and a red belt from City Chic.

As far as makeup goes, I kept things very simple, neutrals on the eyes and of course, a statement red lip! I have blogged about my favourite red lipsticks before, this is my old faithful from Coral Colours. 

I also put together some of the other red stuff I have done on the blog. No surprises, there's a lot of it. 






24 comments

  1. love it all but specifically your HAIR!! i've wanted to go red for awhile now [i'm currently black] but the upkeep puts me off and the effort needed to dye it out once i'm fed up of it - which knowing me, i will be after awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I have had bright red hair for well over a decade now, and yes, it's a big commitment. I'd feel naked without it though :)

      Delete
  2. I want to be in the same room as you to see what effect that red outfit has on ones mood. That's intense! I'm with you, I prefer to make red an accent colour. I'm drooling over your shoes, I can't believe their from Target. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel energised when I wear red, and happy enough to ignore every person that says "OOOH! LADY IN RED!!" or somesuch.. even after the tenth-dozen time :)

      Delete
  3. You're mega red and mega gorgeous, adore your look, you're the best ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very sweet of you to say! :)

      Delete
  4. Super red!!! (that just automatically corrected on my phone to Super Ted lol).

    I can't get enough of you've fab hair to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I have the "Super Ted" theme song in my head.. haven't seen that since I was a kid but I used to LOVE that show :D :D

      Delete
  5. I can see why its your favourite colour it looks fabulous on you! And i have no idea how you do that eye makeup but it looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I post makeup tutorials fairly regularly.. I think if I can do it, anyone can! I have no professional experience, I just like playing with makeup :)

      Delete
  6. Red is one of my favourite colours too! It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's definitely my "POWER COLOUR" :)

      Delete
  7. For a full on red outfit, this is amazing! I find red can often be overpowering, but I think that tunic breaks it down. You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, mixing tones and textures is the way to get away with a monochromatic bright :)

      Delete
  8. Rocking the HECK out of red, on red, on red, on red! I bow to the master. Nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your skills with the makeup brush....I LOVE IT! You have taken red to another level ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's a lot of red! You do it every bit of justice! I love the layers in your outfit.
    Jac @ Common Chaos Chronicle xox

    ReplyDelete