Aussie Curves: Celebrity Copycat


Honestly? I was going to sit out of the blog hop this week, because the idea of "Celebrity CopyCat" just doesn't gel with me. Sure, looking at what people with lots of money choose to wear can be interesting.. but the whole "Cult of Celebrity" that modern society seems to buy into is pretty toxic.

When we stop treating people like people, and start treating them like objects - things that exist solely for our amusement or entertainment without feelings and thoughts of their own - I think we're on dangerous ground. The rise of the Paparazzi and the industries that support them mean that anyone who becomes famous, intentionally or otherwise is subjected to a constant stream of invasive attacks, along with their families, their friends and their kids. When did this become okay?

I don't really need to see what Mr Famous is wearing while he's trying to buy a cup or coffee, or what Ms Famous was wearing as she picked her kids up from school.. I choose not to buy magazines or look at websites that primarily get their content from paparazzi shots, because I know that these photographs were taken without consent, and without any respect for the people in the photo - and that's just not something I want to support. I am not going to support an industry that results in these people being harassed and chased and abused and stalked everywhere they go.

So - no paparazzi shots for me, thanks.

There are certainly celebrities whose style I admire though. I like to think if I had the cash and the army of stylists and the resources that some celebrities have that I would be very stylish indeed.  I do what I can with what I've got, though.

There is one celebrity who I think is a true style icon. I have admired her since I was a child and even now her star shines bright - it's as though she hasn't aged a day! Always stylish, always admired.. she's someone I'd love to be.

Who is it?



Why it's Miss Piggy of course!


Miss Piggy’s full name is “Pigathia Lee”, as revealed on episode 106 and 116 of The Muppet Show.  ‘Pigathia’ is derived from ‘Piganthius’, which is Greek for “river of passion”. And passionate she is! Whatever she wears, she OWNS it. There are no half measures with Miss Piggy. In her latest movie incarnation she was the Plus-Size Chief Editor of Vogue - now I think that's a job that really BADLY needs to exist! If something is not made in her size, well, she simply demands that it ought to be! (and designers from Marc Jacobs to Louboutin have jumped right to it!).

Here I am in a terrible blonde wig and pink eyeshadow doing my very best Miss Piggy..



And every Celebrity has a Photoshop Wizard ready to wield some magic.. here's what happened when I waved the wand:


Oh my GOODNESS! SPITTING IMAGE!!!



Miss Piggy's look is all about glam. One of the more glamorous looks I've done I called my "Burlesque Queen" look.. you can check it out here.

There was also the outfit I whipped together for the gala dinner at the Digital Parent's Conference.. you can see that one here. 

Miss Piggy - the ultimate plus sized diva, not afraid to karate chop anyone who gets in her way.. she's definitely a celebrity we should all try and copy-cat as often as possible! :)

This post is part of the Aussie Curves Blog Hop! It also happens to be post FOUR HUNDRED on this blog.. wow. :)




32 comments

  1. This is awesome! Totally unexpected and I love it!! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my sisters best friends just adores Miss Piggy! I will defs point him towards your post ;) I love your take on this challenge and BOOM your lashes look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't EVERYONE adore Miss Piggy? :)

      Delete
  3. I never knew her full name! You look so different as a blonde...and your eye lashes look incredible in your glamour shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hilarious! Great take on the theme! I used to have a Miss Piggy pillowcase, and she was dressed in a lilac evening gown. I thought she looked so classy and sophisticated in that dress. Goes to show we can get inspiration from anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I saw that picture while conducting an extensive internet image search for this post :)

      Delete
  5. I stopped reading magazines for this reason. Although oddly I enjoy the peek into others lives. Maybe that's why I love blogging so much LOL. Love your take on this challenge. Miss Piggy certainly is classy. Fantastic photos, love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - when you get a peek into someone else's life through a blog you can enjoy it guilt-free knowing that the person has chosen to share :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, I did have fun putting this together :)

      Delete
  7. Never saw that coming, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO MUCH FUN! I am loving checking out these posts, celebrating some super hot chicks. Well done Omega! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. you should join in with us one week! :)

      Delete
  9. OMG, I LOVE THIS. Miss Piggy IS the Queen. And you my dear, are just so much FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she certainly is.. and if anyone forgets that, she's ready to defend her title! :)

      Delete
  10. Haha love it all! And so true about what you said regarding celebs i feel the exact same! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you on the celeb magazines - no interest whatsoever.

    What an absolutely cute copycat. I love Miss Piggy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. sometimes I wonder who DOES buy those things, it doesn't seem to be any of the women I know.

      Delete
  12. I wanna see YOU in a full out fashion post for Aussie Curves!
    You're hotter than Miss Piggy! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do lots of outfit posts on my blog, like last week for instance.. there's more coming up later in the week too.

      This post links to some full length shots as well :)

      Delete
  13. Miss Piggy is the BOMB!!! Nice one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My love for her is eternal :)

      Delete
  14. OMG You are Toooo Much ... Loving your fabulous attitude and even more your fabulous post!!! I agree you can't take it all too seriously as too many celeb's do! You're tops ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miss Piggy rocks! Great choice. :-) I totally agree with you about the celebrity thing too. xx
    I think you and Miss Piggy should collaborate on a burlesque collection. Have your people call her people, yeah? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, yes, you could be on to something there :)

      Delete
  16. Best. Celebrity style copycat post. EVER.
    love it. Also stoked that Pigathia and I share the Lee in our names.
    Rocking the glam Omega.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahaha, you made me giggle. What a fab job. I don't follow celebs much these days so I found it so hard this week. You look great as always, even when you dont mean it! Jac @ CommonChaosChronicle xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week was tough but I can see coming up in the list of themes some that are going to be EVEN TOUGHER! Love a challenge! :)

      Delete
  18. lol I love this!! Miss Piggy is the best! I love how you've put her ears on you!!

    ReplyDelete