Aussie Curves: Stripes



When this theme came up on the Aussie Curves list, I thought, "Oh dear! I don't have any stripes!".. and then, I remembered.. pinstripes.

I love wearing pinstripes. I have a gorgeous pinstripe corset from Gallery Serpentine, several pinstripe shirts.. a fair quantity of different things when I actually thought about it...I dug through the whole lot and put together an outfit that is stripes, head to toe:


The pants are thrifted - they're really awesome because they're made from a stretchy material and are super comfortable, but look dressy for work, such a good find! 

The top and the jacket are both from City Chic - the blouse is made of a stripe-printed chiffon, and has pleating across the bodice with butterfly sleeves.. it's lovely and light, I wear it a lot when the weather warms up.  Over that a pinstrip jacket which I adore, because it has lovely diagonal waist panels with piping that really nip in the waist. It's cut really well for my shape, and always jazzes up any outfit I add it to.

For my makeup, I used the gorgeous new Illamasaqua palette from their Generation Q Collection.. and I got a little bit wild with their teal lipstick - called "Apocalips" (best lipstick name ever, surely!).

I had fun getting my stripes on (can you tell?) 


21 comments

  1. You cannot go past a classic pinstripe! Looking fab this week Omega.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... gorgeous, nothing better than a beautiful pinstripe, what a find :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! I could hardly believe my luck when I found these :)

      Delete
  3. Very cool lady! Very cool. Pinstripes ftw!

    And yes, BEST LIPSTICK NAME EVER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Usually it's only nail polish that has cool/funny names :)

      Delete
  4. oohh rocking pinstripe- its a little gangster funky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have you know I am a perfectly legitimate businesswoman! You can't prove a thing! :D

      Delete
  5. where did you get your lip colour???? COOOOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from Illamasqua, and even better, it's on sale at the moment :)

      Delete
  6. Pinstripes are awesome and I LOVE that lip colour!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it would totally match the hair colour in your pic! :D

      Delete
  7. Looking great in pinstripes! Loving the mad poses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. I start out sensibly and then things get silly... oh well...

      Delete
  8. pinstripe - such a different take on stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pinstripes & the cut of your jacket!!
    Luv Jac @Common Chaos Chronicle xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look awesome in pinstripes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rocking the wild look as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I luurrrve pinstripes. This whole look is awesome and the makeup is fab xxx

    ReplyDelete