FOTD: Red Dred Snake Eyes

Out for a night at the club, I hit the Illamasqua hard for this..

Started out with Skin Base in a nice pale shade, then eyeshadow in "Incubus", which as you can see is a gorgeous matte silver/grey/gunmetal colour.. a line of eyeliner on my lower lids in "Scribe" (white) and then black under that, and then a smudge of red "Berber" loose pigment under that.

Then, snake-ended wing eyeliner with Havok liquid liner (a purple so dark it's almost black).. lashings of mascara, and because things weren't shiny enough, I added jewels to the corner of each eye.

On my lips is an outline in "Scarlet", a base coat of Illamasqa's "Box" with shiny shiny red gloss over the top. I also used the red lip liner to add a touch of colour to my brows.

To top it all off I wore my Dred Falls from Wildilocks. I got these about five years ago and they are STILL going strong.

As an added bonus, I managed to catch on film my eyes doing that weird thing they sometimes do - where one eye is blue and one is green.

When I emerged from the bathroom my teenage daughter said "YOU LOOK LIKE MY DOLL!" and to be fair I think she has a point. The doll is a "Monster High" doll.

If this look inspires you to pick up some goodies from the Illamasqua counter for yourself, you're in for a very pleasant suprise if you haven't been there in a while - they just reduced all of their prices to make them more in line with their UK/US prices. I couldn't be more delighted. With their palettes now sitting at around the $50 mark and their eyeshadow singles and lipsticks sitting at around $20 this brand just got a lot more affordable. Half the price means I can buy double the amount, right?

No comments