Review: Dermalogica Skin Perfect Primer

Some time ago now I was invited to an event run by Dermalogica. Along with some other beauty bloggers we were wined and dined and told all about their new products.

Their sunscreen we have already told you about, but they launched a primer as well, which has only come on to the market this month.

I've been really eager to tell you all about it.. why?

Simply put it's one of the most pleasantly surprising products I've ever got my hands on.

Honest to Goodness, when they told me the price of this primer, I rolled my eyes. Hard. Eighty Dollars for one little tube? You gotta be kidding me.

After using it? When my tube runs out I'm going to run not walk to my nearest Dermalogica outlet and whack down $79 for another one of these babies, no hesitation.

Why on earth would I pay so much? Well, simply - it's just that good. I have used a few different primers but this one does something none of the others I've tried does - it makes my skin feel amazing whether or not I wear it.

After trying this for just a couple of days there was a really noticeable difference in the texture and feel of the skin on my face, even on days when I didn't use the primer. It's not just working as high-tech spackfilla and making your skin smooth while it's on, it's also improving my skin in ways I'm struggling to articulate. I don't remember my face ever feeling this smooth and soft before. There's a lot of science techno gizmo and wonder ingredients in it, you can go look those up if you're interested - all I can tell you is - this makes all the other makeup I have look better, go on stronger and last longer, and makes me use less of it as a result. I need a third of the foundation I was using before if I put this primer on first.

So, when I use this, I'm saving money, because I'm using less product. As an added bonus you only need a very small amount out of the tube to cover your face. I have been hitting this hard over the last month or so, and I estimate I've used about a third of it.. so if it lasts three months (and I think it will last longer than that, but let's be reserved in our guesstimations), that's coming out to about a dollar a day of use.

A dollar to make all my eyeshadows brighter and longer lasting? A dollar for the smoothest my face has ever been? Half the foundation needed? Yeah, I'll buy that for a dollar.  It's a no-brainer.

I highly recommend you try the tester out yourself, if it does for you what it's doing for me, you'll thank me!

Do you use a primer? What's your favourite one?




No comments