Aussie Curves: Blue

 This weeks theme - Blue. Blue? BLUE?! Are you kidding me?? Yeah... I had to dig deep in the back of my cupboard for this one.

As regular readers know, 99% of my wardrobe is red, black or grey..  anything outside that spectrum is definately outside what I normally wear.  Nothing like a challenge though, right?

I set myself an extra challenge of trying not to wear black, either - apart from the shoes, all these pieces are blue or grey - a grey tshirt under the blue/teal floral top - I always thought this print was really 70s, and kitchy enough to be cool.. the cross over top is a good style for me. My skirt has a dark/light brocade pattern on it, subtle enough not to compete with the other print. Under that, grey leggings.


Of course I went all out with the blue makeup as well, I dug into some of the new shiny things I bought at IMATS last weekend as part of the Beauty Blogger Utopia weekend. 


Two pigments (of the dozen I bought, whoops) from Naked Cosmetics - a bright blue and a dark sparkly one. Then because too much blue is never enough, blue glitter from Girlee Cosmetics - these come with an activator liquid that makes the glitter stick everywhere you want it to (and nowhere you don't want it to). Also because loose pigments like this can be prone to fallout, I put the Lime Crime eyeshadow primer to the test - we were given a sample of this to try, so this was the perfect opportunity!

On my lips I couldn't resist wearing one of the OCC Lip Tars I bought - this one's called "Rx". 

Not bought at IMATS but still going strong is my Models Prefer foundation. 



The key to wearing really bright colours like this is to keep them low on your lid - if you have a fold in your eyelid you want to keep the colour below this fold, or if you don't, then use the portion of your eyelid that's visible when your eye is open as a guide - what you want to go for is an "eyeliner" amount of colour visible when your eyes are open - thick eyeliner, if you like, but much beyond this and you start getting into drag queen territory (but if you can handle that much fabulousness, then GO FOR IT because drag queens are awesome).

With this I put the bright blue on my lid and used the dark sparkly blue as an outline in the fold. Then I added wingtip eyeliner in the blue glitter. All these colours are shimmery and irridesent - this is not a "blend into the background" look.. just as well, I'm not really a "blend into the background" kind of woman.

 Normally I would go with either wild blue eyes OR wild blue lips unless I was headed to a nightclub, but I thought I'd get a bit wild and show you an all-blue look.

Now, before you go, if you'd like to win a prize, you should totally click here.

Once  you've done that, to see some ladies who actually wear blue day to day, check out the others in the blog hop below:




18 comments

  1. Fab makeup this week Omega! I love the blue glitter. The blue outfit really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blue glitter is fun to wear, but two days later it's survived showers and scrubbing, and I still have a fine dusting of it :)

      Delete
  2. I love that a blue challenge had you digging through the wardrobes. Haha. You are so very you, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue really contrasts with your red and makes it pop even more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's all a bit cartoony, really.. fun for a change but not something I'll do regularly I dont think :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'll have you know I am totally domesticated! Even house trained!! :D

      Delete
  5. I love that you're not a "fade into background" woman- I love the blue glitter, you are so fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could fade into the background even if I wanted to.. so I'm better off working with what I've got :D

      Delete
  6. thank you for the eye makeup tut - I also picked up a few naked cosmetic packs at IMATS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love your make up! The sparkly blue eyeshadow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I love this, blue is my favourite colour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW I used to be so red, black & grey too but since blue crept in I'm away and adding colour without any fear. LOVE your makeup, totally ;) Thank You so much for popping in and leaving your lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the blue lips and sparkly eyes xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at your gorgeous sparkles!! I love those bold eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the rockstar makeup! I think you should wear blue more often! This colour looks really good with your red locks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to rock the blue. Your eye makeup looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete