Aussie Curves: Picnic

Honestly, I am more of a "twilight picnic" or even "midnight picnic" kind of girl..  obviously the Aaddams Family had the right idea.. (though I dare not speculate what they might need all of those pineapples for...)


I have lived through enough Melbourne Winters now to actually seek out the sun, and at this time of year it is hard to resist the siren call of warm sun and cool breezes.. this is perfect picnic weather.

Here's me and my friends about to set off. I tell you, they are a noisy bunch, and about as easy to organise as a herd of cats. They also pack too much wine and cheese and always forget the cutlery! At least they look good. 



Of course a hat is absolutely essential for a picnic, this one is from Jendi, and has just enough brim to stop my nose getting sunburned but not enough brim to get caught in the wind.. I like the metal and felt flowers it has on it, too.

The dress I'm wearing is from Victor Alexandre, and like everything from there it is super comfortable but has really interesting lines to it - this one has a bubble-skirt thing going on with drapery at the sides and a wide boat neckline. With three quarter sleeves it's just the thing for spring and autumn.

Over the top I am wearing my super versatile chiton-style scarf/wrap/tunic that I blogged about here. This can be worn dozens of ways and the light material means it's perfect for warmer days.

On the bottom half, super comfy fold-over pants from Target, and shoes from Target too. I like wearing pants when I know I might have to sit on the ground, makes things a lot easier and more comfortable.

Other picnic essentials - my parasol to keep off the sun, and my chinese picnic basket - it has two compartments that stack, and it can carry a heap of stuff.

So, there you have it - my easy, breezy picnic outfit.



Oh, and don't worry about the car, I have a ride -  Mary Poppins Style! 






25 comments

  1. I love the black and red colours, and especially your parasol, it just makes your outfit perfect! You look fab. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. red and black are totally my staples, I always wear them :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful photos... gorgeous hat! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVING your outfit. Perfect for a Melbourne picnic. I am finding the Queensland spring very different to a Brisbane spring! I would wear your outfit and love the parasol and hat. Never thought to get my fashion on with those.

    My jaw has dropped, I am in awe of your photos. Amazing work Omega! I've been pinning away (hope you don't mind, I love pinterest!). love love love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Pin away, thank you!! I'd love to be able to say I suddenly acquired mad leet skills but honestly, I think these were a bit of a fluke.. it does seem though the more photos I take the more usable shots I get :)

      Delete
    2. I do the same, often surprised when I land a half decent photo. I also play the odds & take lots of pics. =) My husband came home and asked me about my blog, I found myself rambling about how awesome yours was LOL =D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Coming from you that is HIGH praise indeed, thank you. :)

      Delete
  5. I adore the red and I know what you mean about loud friends...Mine are a LOUDDDD bunch too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like my loud friends.. especially the non-imaginary ones :)

      Delete
  6. cute hat and the parasol is a great touch. Red is def your colour xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love my parasol, it's saved me from sunburn so many times it's worth its weight in gold!

      Delete
  7. RED RED RED. How could you go wrong? Love the brolly. You look like you're about to take off like Mary Poppins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh, that's exactly what I was going for! :)

      Delete
  8. Oh WOW you look totally stunning! Gorgeous accessories plus mega love your post. Have a gorgeous week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the scarf and belt combo, this whole outfit is stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha. Love it! A great look for you again and the photos are just too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the hat! What a fantastic take on picnic!!!

    ReplyDelete