Review Bellabox October 2012

The bellabox for October arrived today... I might have been hoping for a Halloween themed box, but instead we got "Pretty in Pink Party" with a heap of breast cancer awareness themed stuff. I have to admit some cynicism over the whole "Pinkwashing" trend, but maybe that's because I just don't like pink. It is undoubtedly a worthy cause - it's a shame that this particular bandwagon is so very crowded, with so little being actually achieved!

So.. pinkwashing aside this is a great collection of goodies. Here's what we got:




  • Estee Lauder Resilience Lift Action Lift Treatment - a tiny sample tube of this highly-hyped product.
  • Clinique Turnaround Concentrate Extra Radiance Renewer - another small sample of luxe skincare
  • Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Nail Colour - I am the sort of person that usually dents my manicure before it gets a chance to dry so I will be interested to test this product out. This is a full sized sample worth $13.95
  • DNKY Fresh Blossom Eau so Intense. I said "ewww, sweet apple blossom, so floral", my daughter said "that smells AMAZING" so I guess they have their target market well pegged! This has found a happy home.
  • (Mysteriously missing from the product card) Carmex Lip Balm, special edition pink tinted. Another one for the younger, more pink-tolerant makeup wearer in the house.
  • Cedel Blow Dry Faster Heat Protector - this is interesting, apparently you spray it on wet hair, and it both protects your hair from heat and makes it dry faster! I'll be keen to see if this does what it says - this is a full size sample worth $9.99
  • Elf Liquid Eyeliner - I got a dark grey colour. I love Elf stuff, it's cheap and good. This is a full size sample worth $3.99
  • Also - a pink chocolate heart. Tastes good, not pink at all. 

2 comments

  1. I'd love to see a review of the Clinique Radiance Renewal, I'm about to trial it and I loved the previous formulation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sample is small so it won't be a very long trial, but I'm certainly going to give it a go.. not every day you get a $100 a bottle skin treatment to try :)

      Delete