Sponsored Post: Veet's Night Out

I gotta tell you, sometimes this blogging gig is hard work.

Take this job for example.. as part of the sponsored posts I'm doing for Veet, they invited me and some other fashion bloggers out for a cocktail party..

Tough, tough job.

The party was at Miss Fox which is a swanky beauty parlour in the heart of the city - Melbourne's most glamorous come here to get their hair, nails and faces done.

We got a taste of this lovely experience too - there were cocktails and yummy things to eat and a panel of experts to work a little magic - makeup artists, manicurists and hairdressers who not only did their thing but gave some great advice and tips as well.

Bloggers came from as far afield as Sydney and Perth for the party, we were very lucky to be the Melbourne hosts!

With the weather warming up it's time to put the leggings and tights away and enjoy the summer breeze on your skin.. be brave and wear a short skirt!

Here's half a dozen gorgeous party dresses from Asos Curve that will show off your legs:

Plus Size Summer Party Dresses

At the party I had a chance to talk to other guests about the Veet product we had all tried and I can confirm that my good experience with it wasn't a fluke - seems as though they have created a product that really is foolproof (if this fool can get perfect results I'm sure anyone can). If you prefer your legs hairless and want salon results at home, then this might be the solution you're looking for.

And, if you enter the competition and win, you won't have to pay a cent! Veet have supplied FIVE of these EasyWax Eletrical Roll-On kits to give away to lucky readers. (Terms and Conditions here). Just subscribe to the blog (if you haven't already) and comment below answering the following question to win:

What are you most looking forward to as the weather warms up?

UPDATE: Winners have been chosen! Congratulations Lirion, Jess, Mon, Thanh and Polly!


17 comments

  1. Oh Omega! Thank you for this post! I have been getting really crabby about not being about to find a groovy partay frock for this summer season to fit. I, uhm, just went shopping and bought that amazing red skater dress :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, what's your favourite thing about summer? (You'd like to win a prize, right?)

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to BBQs in the courtyard on a warm Summer evening in a light Summer dress, bare legs, in daylight savings to enjoy the longer light, probably with a cider or G&T in hand :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mm, that sounds really really good :)

      Delete
    2. Congratulations, Veet's chosen you as one of the winners! Please contact me at fashionadjacent AT gmail DOT com with the address you'd like your prize sent to :)

      Delete
  3. I love all your picks. I have debated buying that jeweled ASOS dress so many times.
    xo-
    sabrina
    www.samplesize16.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling myself it would look lovely! :) Your favourite thing about summer?

      Delete
  4. I would normally say THE BEACH, but as we are far far away from the beach I dont think that is going to happen.
    I am looking forward to wearing dresses again and cruising around the parks on my pushbike (although not necessarily at the same time).
    There is just something about the warmer weather that makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think wearing a lovely floaty dress and riding a bike is lots of fun.. you can always wear an oh-so-chic pair of bloomers underneath! :D

      Delete
    2. Congratulations, Veet's chosen you as one of the winners! Please contact me at fashionadjacent AT gmail DOT com with the address you'd like your prize sent to :)

      Delete
  5. My favourite thing about summer is the long twilight, especially if I'm at home in the garden. But I'm also looking forward to getting my frock on; much as I love my jeans, I have lived in them for the last 6 months and it's time to bust out some other wardrobe options!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I am loving daylight savings, it means I can catch the sunset at the beach after work! :)

      Delete
    2. Congratulations, Veet's chosen you as one of the winners! Please contact me at fashionadjacent AT gmail DOT com with the address you'd like your prize sent to :)

      Delete

  6. Days in the sun where I can show off my legs, which were covered up for the last couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Veet's chosen you as one of the winners! Please contact me at fashionadjacent AT gmail DOT com with the address you'd like your prize sent to :)

      Delete
  7. The mum in me says, having washing dry outside, not one million racks in the house. however the girlie girl in me says , getting my "frock on" and hearing that gorgeous sound of ice chinking against glass whilst enjoying lazy warm nights!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Veet's chosen you as one of the winners! Please contact me at fashionadjacent AT gmail DOT com with the address you'd like your prize sent to :)

      Delete