Review: Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer


I've been using this on and off for ages, it only recently occurred to me that I'd never actually written a review about this.

I have to make a confession - ANY product that does the "helix swirl" thing in its packaging is something I am really drawn to.. it's just so cool looking!! This one has swirls of lavender and mint in a clear base. Both purple and green are great concealer colours for me (green the better of the two) so having these combine is a good thing. 

Primers are often forgotten in most people's makeup routines, but they really are worth using - they make your foundation (and all your other makeup) easier to apply, longer lasting, and when you have put on primer you need less foundation for the same amount of coverage. For many people foundation is something they're willing to invest and spend a little more on, so anything that makes it last longer is a good thing!

This is invisible on the skin, once it's on it very subtly evens out your skin tone.. it doesn't appear to offer any coverage at all but I can definitely notice the difference in how the rest of my makeup goes on. If you're looking for a product that won't break the bank to try out a primer, this one would be an excellent start. 

Photobucket
Photobucket

6 comments

  1. This looks really similar to the Stila primer which I've heard is amazing, might have to give this one a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the Stila one.. this is definitely a more budget option :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm drawn to any of these products with the swirl as well like a moth to a flame. This is one that I haven't tried yet though but will most likely one day just for the fact it would look pretty on my makeup stand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bonus when something that looks pretty also works well! ;)

      Delete
  4. This product is awesome. Really hides the redness in my skin and makes my makeup last longer. Í love a primer and this is the best one i've tried.

    ReplyDelete