Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sponsored Post: Giftmas at Target

So it's that time of year again, when thoughts turn to gift giving. In our house we celebrate "Giftmas" - a season of generosity, giving, largesse and all that's good in the human spirit. We give our time, our attention, our love, and we also give presents. We also try extra hard at this time of year to appreciate the good things we've got, remembering that this can be a particularly difficult time of year for people who are doing it tough. 
Some people are doing Christmas, others Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Festivus, Yule & Solstice celebrations.. whatever your beliefs it's a time of year where (hopefully) your thoughts turn to your nearest and dearest and the passing of another year.

We keep gifts to a minimum, feeling that a small number of well chosen items is better than the mountains of stuff others seem to go for - I think most of us have quite enough "STUFF" already! 
As regular readers know I was lucky enough to be chosen as one of the Target official bloggers, and they asked me for this month's post to put together a gift guide..  I thought I'd share what I have my eye on for my family this year.  
For my partner, something I have had on layby for quite some time now - he is a great cook, as anyone who's been keeping an eye on our food blog Abundant Appetites will have seen for themselves.. we both love kitchen gadgets and this one is a doozy - it's a mini kitchen in just one appliance, and compared to other similar several-thousand-dollar machines this one is a total bargain. It's the Bellini IntelliKitchen.  It's going to be fun to play with and provide lots of time-saving kitchen support that will free up more important blogging time in the evenings!



For the baby - the grandparents and other folks normally buy toys and fun things, I'm going to be terribly practical and buy her something gorgeous to wear on the day.. we have friends who are very generous with lovely hand-me-downs, and this makes up the majority of her wardrobe but it's nice to have new things once in a while. She has grown up in onsies from Target, and they have some really cute stuff out for the holiday season. These in particular caught my eye - red rick-rack trim and really cute embroidery.. how could I resist? I know it'll last nicely too, so I can throw it into the washing machine once it's been thoroughly stained with pudding, ham, and whatever else the little one manages to get her hands on. 

My teenage daughter likes to exchange gifts with all of her friends - because there's quite a large group of them this can be an expensive exercise but thanks to some bargains I spotted it is possible to do this in a budget conscious way! I loved these cute bon-bons that have a lip gloss, lip balm and nail polish in them for just five bucks. 
These hilarious looking emu reindeer hybrids complete with chocolate eggs made me laugh, and I think they'd make an amusing addition to anyone's stocking.

Another good option for the cheap and cheerful gift were these super cute "sundaes" that are actually a washcloth with some cute bath oil "fruits" - at just four dollars a pop these are great value, I thought.

Of course any visit to Target is incomplete without cruising the beauty section of the store.. there's always something on special and I can hardly ever escape the store without collecting a little something. It's very tricky to buy gift for a beauty-lover though - makeup is such a personal thing, you can never be sure that you're getting the right thing, and if you DO get it exactly right there's always the chance you've bought a duplicate of something they already have!

There is a solution though, the gift I recommend for someone who loves makeup is a nice beauty bag,  they're a much safer option than trying to guess a particular makeup or skincare item. A bag will always come in handy, and a set with several different sizes in means they've got one for every occasion!

Target has a really lovely collection of makeup bags that look way more expensive than their price tags would suggest.. the prints are really up to the minute, and no matter what the style of the recipient there'd be one to suit them here I think.

Another good option is something lovely for the bathroom - people often don't think to buy themselves nice things for the bath or shower so these are always welcome gifts. I spotted some lovely lavender scented things that have gorgeous vintage labels, these would look really lovely sitting in the bathroom. 

So, that's my list, now I want to hear about you! What's on your shopping list this year? Going to borrow any of my ideas? Got some better ones? Let's hear them! 

Photobucket
Photobucket
This is a sponsored post - Target have given me some vouchers and some money to write about shopping there. I've been shopping there for years so this seemed like an excellent deal to me! As always my opinions remain my own. 

13 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog and appreciate your honesty about being sponsored by Target but may I suggest you go and look at the Target Australia wall and look at the customer comments in the posts by others.
    There are thousand of customers having major issues at present, this has been continuing for well over a month with on line orders and laybys.
    When I finally spoke to customer service they indicated that they were aware of the issues but were being ignored by the companys management, so the problem continues.
    Please consider reading the facebook page before contining as a Target Blogger, at least until they resolve these major customer service issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rouge, I can only speak about my experiences with target - as someone who had a layby with them (that I paid off last week) I have experienced that they've had some computer hiccups with their layby system - but they bent over backwards to sort things out for me (and the guy at the layby desk has no idea I'm a target blogger, either, in case you think that had some impact). Based on the experience I had, recently, and in a couple of decades of shopping with them, I will continue to recommend them.

      Of course, you'll need to make your own decision (sounds like you already have.)

      Delete
  2. I love Target for gifts too.
    I'm actually looking at some of the gorgeous satiny Pj's/dressing gowns with the fabulous prints.
    Also, for a family spending Christmas at the beach, a kaftan is a useful present for a lucky lady.
    Plus, who can go past all those fantastic bits and bobs in the beauty section.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed in the city store they have a lot of their nightwear on sale at the moment.. it's really pretty..

      You must be reading my mind, because I also bought a kaftan style cover-up from there too just in the last couple of days. I'm trying to work up the bravery to post it along with the swimsuit I bought on the blog! :D

      Delete
  3. I make laybys all the time with Target, in fact I just picked up a summer dress that I had on layby today! They also put an Australis palette on hold for me via another store, which I thought was lovely. I am a sucker for their clothing and makeup sections, and I've been looking at a few shoes from there lately as well. Great gift list Omega!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found their shoes to be really great quality for the price.. and yes, the makeup section of the store is always very tempting :)

      Delete
  4. Hey there! This is kind of off topic but I
    need some guidance from an established blog.

    Is it tough to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking
    about creating my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any points or suggestions? Cheers
    My weblog - michael kors manhattan store

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi are using Wordpress for your site platform?
    I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and set up my own.
    Do you need any html coding expertise to make your own blog?
    Any help would be really appreciated!
    Also visit my blog post ... tousaumarche.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great items from you, man. I have be aware your stuff prior to and you're just extremely excellent. I actually like what you've acquired
    right here, certainly like what you are stating
    and the way in which by which you are saying it. You are
    making it entertaining and you still care for to
    keep it smart. I can not wait to read much more from you. That is really a
    terrific site.
    Also visit my blog : shopping reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for finally talking about > "Sponsored Post: Giftmas at Target" < Loved it!
    Feel free to visit my web site : wiki.pg-Comics.Ru

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your great post. Also, I've shared your site in my social networks!
    Look at my page molecularism.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings I am so thrilled I found your site, I really
    found you by accident, while I was searching on Aol for something else,
    Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say many
    thanks for a remarkable post and a all round exciting blog
    (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the moment but I have saved it
    and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more,
    Please do keep up the superb b.
    Review my web-site - www.joeparties.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is important and all. However imagine if
    you added some great photos or videos to give your posts
    more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and videos, this blog could undeniably
    be one of the very best in its niche. Superb blog!
    Here is my web page ... wiki.kombinasi.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Categories

17 Sundays 1920s 1940s 4me A A'Kin Absolutely Gorgeous accessories Adorn cosmetics Advanced Natural advertising Aesop Affiange afk cosmetics Alannah Hill Alejandro Ingelmo Alexander McQueen Alfaparf Milano Allegra Rhodes Almay Alpha-H Anita Page Antipodean Beauties Aphrodite Cosmetics apivita Arche Ardell Argania Aromatherapy Associates Arts Centre Melbourne ASAP Ashley Stewart ASOS AUM Aurora Spa Rituals Auscreen Aussie Curves Australia Day Australis Autograph Avado Avado Sensitives Aveeno Avene Aviva Avon Babor banana boat Bandelettes BareMinerals Baroque Perfumes Batiste BB Dakota Be in Awe bea beauty beauty basket beauty bohemia beauty box Beauty Style Petites BedHead bellabox Bellamer Benefit Beyonce BIB Bio Oil Bioderma Biodexia BioElixia biore Biotherm black black plum blogger memes Bloom blue blush Blynk Bobbi Brown bodypositivestylist Boohoo Boston Umbrella Co Bourjois bracelet Brauer bridesmaid brooch brows brushes Burts Bees BYS cabiria Cacharel Calvin Klein Carmex Caroline's Skin Care Caron Laboratories Caudalie Paris Cedel Cellilux Chanel cheeks chi-chi Chic Star Chikii Christian Louboutin Christopher Kane chub republic Circa Home city chic CK One Clairns Clairscentience Clara Bow Clean & Clear cleanser Clear Clinique Clothing colette Colourvue Compeed competition Comvita Concrete Minerals conditioner coral colours corporate corsets Cosmetics Costume cream eyeshadow Crocs crossroads Cult of California Curvy Chic Sports damn you Alexis David Jones Davroe De Lorenzo deborah K definatalie demonia Derma-Research dermalogica Designer Brands Dior Directions Dita Von Teese Diva DNKY Domino Dollhouse Donna Karan doppelgangers Dorothy Perkins Dove Dr Hauschka Dr LeWinns Dream Diva Dress dresses dusk editorial Egyptian Magix Elemis Eles Cosmetics Eleven Elf Elgon. Lon Vitalite Elizabeth Arden Ellis Faas Elumen Emani Embody Denim EmerginC Erborian Essence essie's Estee Lauder Esther Williams Etsy evans events evo Evodia Eye Kandy Eye of Horus Eye shadow eye-liner eyebrow pencil eyebrows eyelashes Eyelift Eyeliner eyes eyeshadow Eylure FaB box face Face of Australia facials false eyelashes fanplusfriend fashion fashion designers fashionaddict.com.au fatshion Feathers Fendi Fingrs First Aid Beauty Flapper fLBtSL Flirt Flock Stock Fluevog FOA Forever 21 Forever21 Plus Formula 10.0.06 FOTD foundation Fox Parse fragrance Freak Free Woman Fudge gallery serpentine Garnier Gatineau geeking out gift guide Giftmas Giorgio Armani Girliee Cosmetics Giuseppe Zanotti GKMJB glamor doll eyes glamour Glamour Affair Glamourflage Glasshouse Fragrances glee glitter glossybox gold Goldwell Gorgeous Cosmetics Gosh gown of thorns green Grown Alchemist Gwen Stefani H&M+ Haf hair Hair care hair color hair colour hair removal hair treatment haircare halloween Harlow Harmoni haul Hawley International Hello Darling Hello Kitty Her Fashion Box Herban Essentials Hey Fatty highlighter history hot mess Hourglass how-to I Love This Box I Nuovi i-glamour.com iFOTD Igigi ikea Illamasqua illuminator Imperial Leather indie Indio indola Innova Innoxa Iridis Cosmetics Jacquie-E Jasmine Elder Jemma Kidd Jendi joe button John Freida John Plunkett Joico Jurlique Just Cavalli Just D'Lish K. Kambriel Kerastase Kérastase keratin complex Keratinology Kevin Murphy Kiehl's Kit Cosmetics Kiyonna Klorane Kmart KMS koko Kosmea kryolan Kuu Konjac L'Occitane L'Oreal L'Oréal LA Fresh La Perla La Roche-Posay Lady Jane Lady Lya Lancome Lancôme Lane Bryant Lanopearl Lanvin Lash Card Lash Control Lash Republic Laviol Layla LBtSL Le Labo Le Tan lenny's custom clothing lenses Libra Lido Pearls Light in the Box Lily Anne Beauty LimeCrime LimeLily Linden Leaves lingere lingerie lip balm lip gloss lip liner lipgloss lips lipstick Lipstick Queen liquid eyeliner Live Clean lolwhut Lonvitalite Look From London Louise Brooks lovisa Lucabella LUK Lululemon Lush lust have it Lylou M Missoni MAC Macadamia Natural Oil macrolash Macys Madeline Ritchie magazines Make Up Forever Make-up artist Makeup makeup looks Makeupnet Manic Panic Manicare manicure Marc Jacobs Marocaine Mary Quant mascara Matthew Williamson max factor Maybelline McArthur Mecca Cosmetica Medusa medusa makeup menow metablogging Michael Kors Miessence millers Mineralogie Mirenesse Mod modcloth Mode ModelCo Models Prefer moisturiser Molton Brown Montagne Jeunesse Mor Cosmetics Morgana Cryptoria Morrissey Moxie MUA Muse Myer Nad's nail art nail polish nails Naked Cosmetics Nakimuli Nanoblur Napoleon Perdis Narcisco Rodriguez NARS Natio necklace net-a-porter Neutrogena Nicole by OPI night cream Nikon Nine West Nivea Notte by Marchesa NS-5 Nude By Nature nuffnang Nuxe Nvey NYC Color NYDJ Nyx Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Ocean Essence oils Old Navy Olive by Langlois OOTD OOTD. OP Therapy OPI opinion opinon Organix Orofluido Oud 27 outdoor girl Ozotic Pacifica palettes Palmolive Panda Pen Pangea Organics PaperBlanks parasols Paul and Joe Paula's Choice perfume pevonia Phytocare pigment Pink Tiger plus size POD POL Polished London polyvore Portland Black Lipstick Company Portmans Pretty Serious Priceline primer Proactiv Proplenish Pure Fiji Qi Tea QueenGrace.com reader polls Real Purity red red carpet red lipstick Redkin Redwin retro Retro style review Revitanail Revlon Rick Owens Rimmel ring Roberto Cavalli RoC Rock Steady Rose-Hip Vital rouge roundup Royal Langnickel S Sally Hansen Sam Edelman sample box Sanctuary Spa Sanrio Sasy n Savy Savi Savior Faire Savvy by DB ScaredyCat Seacret Sebastian Sephora series serums shampoo She Aromatherapy Sheer Cover shiro cosmetics Shiseido shoes Shopping ShopRuche Showface shu uemura Sigma Simple Simply Organic Sinful Colors SJP skater dress skin care skin solutions skincare SkinVitals smashbox So Susan soap Soleo Sonsee Spa Fresh Blends SpaRoma special effects sponsored post Sportsgirl spring Sranrom Star n Rose steampunk Steve Madden stila Streetstar Cosmetics style style369 Suigo Sukin summer sunscreen SunSense Sunsilk SunSmart Susanne Gray Sussan swatches swimsuits Swisse swisspers Talavou target Taut Tebe Temperly London tempt The Aromatherapy Co The Balm The Body Shop The Face Shop The Hunger Games the iconic The Natural Source The Organic Skin Co The Vintage Cosmetic Company Tigi time machine Timeless Truth Tom Ford Tony & Guy Too Faced tools Torrid trends True Solutions TS14+ tush magazine tutorial tutorials TV Twiggy Twistband Two Faced U Little Beauty Uandi ulittle beauty ulta3 Ultraceuticals Umberto Giannini underwear Unif urban casual Urban Decay Uspa valleygirl Vani-T veet Victor Alexandre VictorianDisco video Villainess Soaps Vince Camuto vintage Violet Box Virtu Visage and Vice Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Volupture W Wedding wild looks Wild Surf Wildilocks winter wishlist Wittner Wole Designs Women workwear wotnot Yarra Trail Yes To You Me and EveryBody YouTube Yu-Be Yves Saint Laurent