Swatched: BYS Magnetic Nail Enamel (Jupiter and Cobalt)

BYS is a budget brand that packs a punch! I have been interested in magnetic nail polishes long before they were available in Australia, I saw some swatches online and just thought they were really geeky and cool!

Now the trend has filtered right down to the awesome bargain end of the market, so there's really no excuse not to give it a go if you haven't yet.

I got sent two of the BYS magnetic polishes to try - Magnetic Jupiter (Gold) and Magnetic Cobalt (Blue).

The cobalt colour comes out in two lovely shades of blue, it's quite an aquatic look I think, check out some swatches below:




The Jupiter (Gold) is a nice bright gold that comes up in streaks of a light blonde colour, also really pretty I think. 


These are a bit tricky, you need to put a coat on, nice and light and then quickly hold the magnet lid really close to your nail (without touching the wet polish) until the pattern appears. By angling the magnets around you can get different effects.

These polishes are a bit thicker than others, presumably because of the iron filing or whatever the metal in them that makes the design is.  It did take me a few goes to get the hang of it, but once I got myself organised I managed to get it looking good.

I am very rough on my nails and subsequently rough on polish, so they hardly ever last more than a few days for me, but I just see that as an excuse to change things up regularly. I will definately be looking at the rest of the collection on these, at around $7 a pop they really are a cheap and cheerful indulgence.

What do you think? Do you like the magnetic look?


Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments